Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Hellwoman Moderator

A big welcome to Hall of Famer: BILLY WOMACK

PWCOFFSHORE ENDURANCE AND OFFSHORE RACING HALL OF FAME

BILLY WOMACK was inducted as the first Hall of Famer for Offshore PWC racing! Please read the following story and post your comments!

The racers selected to the PWCOFFSHORE Endurance and Offshore Racing Hall of Fame have been selected for their contribution to our sport and overall impact they have had on the offshore and endurance racing community and sport as a whole. These racers are truly the elite of the elite. At this point, there is only one worthy of the honor, and you guessed it: He is Mr. Billy Womack

Hall of Fame Member #1:

Billy Womack, PWCOFFSHORE HALL OF FAME
    Four (4) Long Beach to Catalina and Back Offshore National Championships. Need we say any more? Billy Womack was and is a pioneer in the offshore racing sport and a legend in the PWC racing community. He was the first to use GPS to cross the channel, among countless other accomplishments in the offshore and endurance racing arena. Womack was the first to take the LB2CAT to a new level and raised the standard for physical fitness and commitment required to be successful in our sport. We hope our sport will have others that represent themselves and the sport with the class and dignity that Billy Womack has. We say again, four- count them, four Offshore National Championships.

www.pwcoffshore.com

Dear Friends and Fellow Endurance Racers,

The press release above is listed on the core site for PWCoffshore racing. I'm going to give you a personal description and hope that you add your own stories and memories from the 'EMERALD CROWN' of offshore racing, the LB2CAT and your first honored member, Mr. Billy Womack!

The 2008 crew from PWCoffshore took center stage in support of the induction of Billy Womack as the first honored member to be recognized for his contributions to the Long Beach to Catalina and Back event, a long standing tradition of offshore racing. The precedent has been set in infamy, Billy Womack has set the standard, nobody will ever forget it. I remember Billy racing on a Waveblaster many years ago, he was the 'blaster master' and set a furious and fast pace, exactly what offshore racing needed.

Endurance racing always held an audience that wasn't quite mainstream, and those who are passionate about it have the blisters, the breaks and the broken boats to talk story about after each and every session, some things will never change, only increase with the HP race we are now enjoying....it is fitting to give way to the Pirates of the Open Seas...the OFFSHORE riders of today, a unique breed of PWC enthusiasts, unlike any other.

Billy seemed to be unassuming and quiet, until he hit the fast track to outer bounds, his tenacity flew away for the wins he garnered. As a champion he was focused and leveled the swells in front of him to push the time envelope, he proved himself repeatedly over years on the offshore circuit. The core group of dedicated racers held the offshore endurance racing within it's own boundaries. Few could appreciate the hard hits and stamina needed on the physical realm and not to discount the desire. Equipment was the compliment. To win you needed a hard charging PWC that could take the edge of no return. Billy is a real Mr. Nice Guy, despite the speed freak on the long distance track.

Out to sea to an offshore island and back home to the edge of a continent, landing near the historic Queen Mary, 'the majestic symbol of the seas of transit', wasn't just an act of faith, it takes grit, and as Billy said in his acceptance speech, 'rough water, can't see the island, just the way you like it, and tomorrow you will appreciate your rebate check!'. The earned hits your body feels from the torturous and enduring pace, trying to beat the best and keep up with the pack was what fueled Womack to stay the course. Checkered flags welcomed him, he was rarely denied.

It's not easy to say goodbye to a champion, everyone wants to know where Billy Womack is? He's now the #1 PWCOffshore Hall of Famer, keeping with his industrious past. He'll always be #1 for the LB2CAT, everyone else will be 2, 3, 4 and so on...A nice way to end a new beginning. Congratulations Mr. Womack.

Special kudos to Ross Wallach of RPM Racing Ent, his staff, the team and all who love endurance racing.

Shawn Alladio-A fan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LB2CAT 2008 322.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	300.7 KB 
ID:	125056   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LB2CAT 2008 324.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	257.7 KB 
ID:	125057   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LB2CAT 2008 328.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	248.2 KB 
ID:	125058   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LB2CAT 2008 313.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	282.0 KB 
ID:	125059   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LB2CAT 2008 329.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	317.5 KB 
ID:	125060  

Hellwoman Moderator

Re: A big welcome to Hall of Famer: BILLY WOMACK

Here is my photo album from the LB2CAT, please feel free to add your own albums for others to enjoy.

http://flickr.com/photos/k38shawn/se...7606304244842/

Shawn

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Two words: Dedication and Integrity.
    Congratulations Billy!

Let me know if you need a pro gasket scraper again when you make your comeback!

PWCToday's first Tigershark owner Moderator
    I can hold up my hand and point to where I live. Can you?

wow, that's awesome. I remember reading about him in Jet Sports back in the day! Congratulations Billy
    Region 6

Shark Bait
    My race boats:
    1999 Tigershark 1100R (ret.)
    Novice 1200 Stock
    1996 XP
    800 Limited/2 Stroke Limited

2015 Achievements
    1st Place Overall 2 Stroke Limited on the CWA CanAm Tour
    7th Place at World Finals Am R/A 1000 SS
    7th Place at World Finals Pro-Am 1000 SS
    Thank you to my sponsors: GoPro, AMSOIL, Riva Racing, Incase, Shorai, ODI Grips, and Ryno Power.
    Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TripleLRacing/

Hellwoman Moderator

Amazing High speed WIPEOUT!

Mark Gerner is officially handed the WAKEOUT award for his slaughtered front run crash...check out the imagery posted on www.pwcoffshore.com

Wow. Thats a get-off

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home LisaLisa's Avatar

So has Billy officially retired then? Wow...what a legacy this man has left. I just spoke to him not two weeks ago and he never mentioned retiring..silly boy.

BillyBillyBilly as I like to call him, is one of the nicest, most generous and totally modest people you will ever meet. He's also got a great sense of humor. Here's my (first) Billy Womack story....

Back in 1998 I was racing for a real nutcase that owned an endurance team by the name of Team Taz. My team mate and I were in first place points standings for Team GP. We were at the last race of the season at Lake Isabella and it was gnarly conditions....40 - 50 mph winds, with 3.5-4.0 ft rollers.

About an hour into the race, my team mate comes limping into the pits - our impellor was trashed. Unfortunately, our team owner had taken the rig with all our tools and spare parts into town to pick up lunch. We were totally screwed. Billy Womack, who I had never met, nor had any idea what an endurance stud he was, pulled in about the same time - he's blown his pump bearings.

We were freaking out, and Billy says "Hey, go grab the blah blah blah impellor out of my pit and as soon as I'm done switching this pump housing on my ski, I'll pop in the loaner impellor so you can finish the race". This was while he was in the first overall position!

I almost shat myself.

We got back on the course, and later that day I crashed badly and dislocated my shoulder. Guess who made sure I got back to the pits safely in that mess and advised me to complete the scoring chicane so we wouldn't get disqualified? Yep - Billy Womack.

We went on to win our class that day, and the overall that year. I developed a friendship over the years with Billy which I hope lasts a lifetime. He's quality people, and will literally give you the shirt off his back if you need it and never ask for anything in return.

In fact...here's an old skool pic from 2002 - the HydroTurf Rider Appreciation party....we were teasing Billy about becoming a male stripper thanks to the fantastic physique he maintains to win...LOL!

Piggyback rides are my preferred mode of transportation

Out to sea to an offshore island and back home to the edge of a continent, landing near the historic Queen Mary, 'the majestic symbol of the seas of transit....I like this bro

PWCToday Newbie

that's very awesome really.

Thread Information