• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rubarb
    PWCToday Newbie
    • Apr 2010

Re: 600 Mile River Trip

Originally posted by dmaas44 View Post
    Curiosity, has anybody ever done this on a stand-up?
    nope,

Comment

• Big George
      PWCToday Newbie
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by rubarb View Post
      nope,
      Who ever said nope was wrong. For a couple of years we did have the stand ups ride the 600. When we locked through they either had to have a trailer waiting for them to lock around the lock or have them pulled through with a Sit Down ski or chase boat as they were not allowed to ride in to the locks. To do the ride you realy have to be "TOUGH" as it is a physical challange going that far. Also the distance for the stand ups were not as far on a tank of fuel as the Sit Downs with the bigger tanks and then had a support Jet ski which was carrying some fuel for them and or had there Chase Crew meet them at desiganated ramps to refuel. That was back in the late 90"s and many emprovments have been made to the "Stand Ups" since then. We do have two very long legs on the trip one being the last day which is over 140 miles long. If you go all the way to Chattanooga on Sunday it is 176 miles on water and you have two locks to navagate through, Fort Loudon and Watts Bar before arriving at Chickamauga Marina.
      Any questions that you can't find answers too on the web sight just drop me a line and I will get back to you as soon as I see it. Big George
      Life is like a Card Game. You have to play the cards you have been dealt. The important thing is that you are still "Playing the Game."

Comment

• PWC_Rick
        PWCToday Newbie
        • May 2010

Who from this group is planning to ride the PWC 600 this year for 2011?

I have been monitoring the Facebook page as well as the actual website and considering trying to get the time off and making the trip. Early last year I purchased a used 1995 Polaris 750SLT ski from a private seller. It had a couple problems in the beginning in which air was getting in the fuel lines and I got the driveshaft/pto replaced with new ones.

Does any current partcipitants believe the older Polaris ski's will make it down the river fine with reliability and fuel consumption? Wondering if there are other polaris riders? I probably run close to 50mph at full throttle.

I am also 25 years old and an OTR Truckdriver since last August so trying to put in to get 8-10 days off and still get everything ready to go is the challenge. Before Jet Ski'ing I have been big into ATV'ing and offroading with newer units so I am very familiar with powersports.

I am from Huntsville, AL and ride on the TN River regularly in the summer usually at DITTO Landing. I also have ridden around Guntersville Lake.

Anyways let me know if you would reccomend it from the ski I have. If there is anyone else going from Huntsville or surrounding areas that wants to team up let me know.

Anyways, looking forward to seeing everyone on the water this year!
        -Ricky

Comment

• Big George
          PWCToday Newbie
          • Apr 2006

Morning Ricky. Yes we use to have a few Polaris Skis which were a good unit to get the fuel mileage on this trip but since they quit making them parts are hard to locate and repair along the way if you break down. All of the Pol. riders have gone over to Doo's Yammys and a few Hondas. All are dependable but almost all the skis on the trip now are 4 strokes. I have one of the few 2 strokes but also have a 4 stroke Doo. You said you are folling the trip on Facebook and if you have any questions you can post on it. I'm always on it and you can write to me directly any time.
          Yes I know being a road driver it is tought to plan ahead, depending on who you are working for. I did that for over 40 years and still will do a trip if needed when I get the call. Retired in 2003 with over 3,800,000 safe driving miles under my belt. Was Fun but does work on your health being at the wheel for those long hours day on end. Big George
          Life is like a Card Game. You have to play the cards you have been dealt. The important thing is that you are still "Playing the Game."

Comment

• #35 Unapproved

Looking for the FB page for this event.....what's it listed under?

Comment

• Big George
              PWCToday Newbie
              • Apr 2006

Well back from a week out West riding the Colorado River and some of the local Lakes around the Mase AZ area.
              To view the FB page for the 600 event it is "Tennessee River 600" and should pull it up. The Web sight has some updates for this years coming event with Motels and dats and an itinerary which tells you where we will be each night along the way. You can ask any question on that page pretty easy and a feedback will be posted by one of us or the Site person.
              When looking at some of the photos posted on the Web Site you can't miss the Big Blob. That is me. Come on down and join the fun. BG

Comment

• Big George
                PWCToday Newbie
                • Apr 2006

One you will always remember. We have had folks come from Long Island New York last year and will be back again this year. Great people and mix well with the group even those from California BG

Comment

• Big George
                  PWCToday Newbie
                  • Apr 2006

Thanks Curt. It has been great meeting you and your family the last few years and glad you enjoyed it so much. I aways try to let people know about what a great adventure this is. Se you this summer in July. Big George
                  Originally posted by Curt1971 View Post
                  Hey George,
                  This was the first year that I have rode the 600 and it was George's post here that made me aware of the event. All that I can say is thanks Geaoge and I can't wait to go again next year. What a blast and all the people were very easygoing and friendly. If you have a ski and don't do this ride you are definately doing yourself an injustice. Great group of people and what a beautiful river.

Curt
                  Aquatrax F12x

Comment

• Big George
                    PWCToday Newbie
                    • Apr 2006

Yes but you will need some road support at the locks and Dam's. They don't have the big fuel tanks and getting fuel might be a problem unles you have a sit down carring extra Gas cans along the way. BG
                    Originally posted by dmaas44 View Post
                    Curiosity, has anybody ever done this on a stand-up?

Comment

• raceneked
                      PWCToday Newbie
                      • Sep 2011

Looks like a great ride!
                      Any news on the 2012 event yet?
                      '15 SPARK (tuned)
                      '12 GTR (stock, for now)
                      '06 GTIse 130 (stock, wifes)

Comment

• Big George
                        PWCToday Newbie
                        • Apr 2006

Last Week in July.

Comment

Working...
                        X