Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    PWCToday Regular

Re: New law makes waves for young boaters, jet-skiers

im not too fond of this kids ridin skis under 50+mph.... ?

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod_bridges2000
    Quote Originally Posted by kenbob26
    washington state has this new law must be 14 and older to ride pwc and 12 and older to navigate a boat and must pass a boaters saftey class by 80%. the test is 75 questions and cost 35$ for the life time card. I took this course and my daughter took this course we both past it. I did learn some new stuff. I also beleive that kids should not ride skis that go 50 + miles an hour. I have raced bikes, karts, drag cars, and stock cars. you need to work your way up. its called seat time. you wouldnt give your kid a loaded gun and say go have fun with it ! It really sucks to have to tell your kids they cant ride because they changed the law!
    im not too fond of this kids ridin skis under 50+mph....

January 2009 NYS also is increasing it.

Extreme Ski Products Innovations

NorthSide Freeride I dream skis Sold da car 4da SXR's Avatar

Good idea! I agree that the age should be at least 16. I truly think that boater safety should be required for anyone under 18, but everyone should be involved!

05 Kawi SX-R 800, Under the knife again!
    89 Kawi 650sx, Killed in Action...

Way up der'n Nort Dakota

If not for their safety, how about mine!! I ride stand-up. If I got hit by a jet boat or whatever, it would at the very least ruin my day!

Way up der'n Nort Dakota

Bros before HOES!!!!! Moderator
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

1 of my sons is legal now and will still be legal then , but my other son theat is 10 now will be severly dissapointed when i inform him that he has to wait 6yrs more before he can ride a stand-up or sportclass ski instead of 4.

families that ski/boat together are always getting over run by laws that try to idiot proof the world. ( won't happen)
    the laws of physics and the principals of the mechanics can not change. One can only manipulate them to the point of failure.

X2 BUILD THREAD: http://pwctoday.com/f72/finally-my-x2-build-137749.html

WWW.RONNYMAC.COM
    WWW.SKISHOPRULES.COM

Quote Originally Posted by madscientist
    1 of my sons is legal now and will still be legal then , but my other son theat is 10 now will be severly dissapointed when i inform him that he has to wait 6yrs more before he can ride a stand-up or sportclass ski instead of 4.

families that ski/boat together are always getting over run by laws that try to idiot proof the world. ( won't happen)
    Think of how bad teen drivers can be, now put one of those teens on a 350 pound machine with 80 horsepower that will go 0-50 faster than you can say it......I am not saying that your son is a bad or incompetant driver/rider. But how would you feel if he hurt someone or himself due to lack of knowledge or bad judgement. Two years to wait isn't all bad!

Way up der'n Nort Dakota

PWCToday Regular

Theese types of laws are generally a good idea, except for the fact that it will only affect the law-abiding people that this law was meant to protect.

the idiots that cant raise children are still going to let them ride regardless....
    87 650sx- restored to new-stock condition.... except for PJS head

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kraqus
    I agree with this 100%.
    I wish they did something like that in California.

NJ is way ahead of you there...thank god the minimum age requirement is 16. I don't think I could handle a bunch of 12 or 14 yr olds driving their boats around..
    08' 255 HP Supercharged RXP-X
    Custom paint on its way...

PWCToday Regular

90 MPH? I don't deny 'some' can go 90 MPH, but that is very very rare and ultra expensive. No 12 year old will be driving a boat 90 MPH. The very fastest Kawasaki Jetski is 65 MPH. My 16 foot, 270 HP jet boat can hit 56 MPH.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Laserman's Avatar

I think EVERYONE should be required to attend a safety and boating law class.

I think a 14 year old kid is just as smart as a 16year old, but probably a little more trustworthy - meaning he's more likely to LISTEN at 14.

I'd rather see a test that everyone has to take, than an arbitrary age-based rule.

Like an earlier post, if you attend the class you WILL learn something, no matter how long you have been doing this. You seasoned people can also give advise that will make the class better!

What's the statistics say comparing between 12-16 yr olds and 18-25 year olds on boating accidents I wonder......
    1985 JS 550/750 Stand-up: http://www.pwctoday.com/f72/smileys-...50-114680.html
    1984 JS550 TYPHOON 750 conversion: http://www.pwctoday.com/f72/laserman...ct-186297.html
    1992 Sport Cruiser "Sportscar" Conversion: http://www.pwctoday.com/f72/laserman...-a-173049.html
    Here's a helpfull thread on 550\650 conversions: http://www.pwctoday.com/f72/just-ano...on-133898.html

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information