Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Thread: Please support!

Hellwoman Moderator

Please support!

San Diego PWC Club needs help & runabouts with our July 26 USMC Ride event!

Our United States Marine Corps personnel and their families will receive fellowship, fun and a great day on the Bay, please support this worthy event!

Please email Ray Hinton at r.hinton@cox.net if you want to participate in this worthy cause of thanking the Troops for what they do for you & me.

There will be PWC Rides, volleyball, football & BBQ for all.

Thanks !

Ray
    Ray Hinton - President
    San Diego Personal Watercraft Club
    http://sdpwc.com
    r.hinton@cox.net

Re: Please support!

Please see thread at http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=168419 for more info.
    Thanks !
    Ray
    Ray Hinton
    r.hinton@cox.net

PWCToday Regular

alriught
    Full Service Marine
    West Bloomfield, MI

-Freestyle!

I would so be there if i lived close.. My brother inlaw is a marine
    may the wind always be at your back !

2004 seadoo xp di

1998 seadoo xp limited

The San Diego Personal Watercraft Club gave 115 Marines & their families Rides yesterday on San Diego Bay.
    There were over 400 Marines & family at the BBQ, but the number of ski's and darkness limited the Rides we could give to these Warriors.
    The PWC Rides started at 9AM and stopped when they closed the MCRD Marina on the base.
    I will post the link to the pictures as soon as SDPWC's photog, Tehara Tweed, gets them uploaded to Shutterfly.
    I want to thank all SDPWC members who participated yesterday and I am getting the Official USMC Certificate of Appreciation I was presented yesterday copied so all members will have it to put on their wall at home.
    Ride magazine is running an article on our June 8th USO Ride in the upcoming Ride Magazine edition.
    Our next Ride is the Wounded Warrior Ride on Mission Bay's Crown Point on August 21st with recovering Wounded Warriors from the Wounded Warrior Regiment West at Camp Pendleton, Ca.
    God Bless America & Those Who Serve !!!!
    Ray Hinton
    r.hinton@cox.net

Here are the pics from the August 21st Wounded Warrior Event on Mission Bay, San Diego, CA.
    http://teharasharedpics.shutterfly.c...bayride8-21-08
    It was sponsored by Wounded Warrior Disabled Sports Project, San Diego Adaptive Sports Foundation, San Diego Personal Watercraft Club, Balis Family Foundation Clara Project, La Jolla Festival of the Arts and the Corky McMillin Companies.
    This was quite the eye opener for me, as talking about the Wounded Warriors and actually holding them, lifting them and putting them on a ski are two different experiences. It was all I could do NOT to cry as I talked with them and gave them Rides.
    When I got home that night, I balled like a baby.
    To see the sacrifice these guys & gals gave for their country is HUMBLING.
    And they ALL were smiling the entire day.
    We only gave about 35 Rides, which is way below the 100 or so we usually give on our USMC Rides.
    The problem was some Wounded Warriors had tubes in them, were dependent on their wheelchairs and others were just plain afraid to get on our PWC.
    So we socialized with the Wounded Warriors, gave them a Ride on SDPWC member Dave Moore's 30' Semper Fi boat and had lunch with them. SDPWC members actually got to RIDE each others ski's and PLAY on the water for the first time ever during one of these events.
    I got 4 new SDPWC members, PWC'ers who were at the Bay and came over to the huge group of 20+ ski's on the beach to see what was going on. One Wounded Warrior even joined my Club, but his ski is in Barstow, CA, the last place he was stationed before his deployment. He will be Riding with us soon !!
    Thanks to the San Diego Lifeguards (Lt. Lerma and his *boys*), the US Coast Guard, Ross Champion for the GREAT display he gave the assembled crowd (see the pics) and the San Diego Waterski Club.
    My friend Ralph Perez (TRAWLERCAT) of the SoCal Watercraft Club attended with his son and will be posting a GREAT article on the days happenings here soon.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA & THOSE WHO SERVE !!!!
    Ray Hinton
    r.hinton@cox.net

Thread Information