pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

I Love my 1998 GSX Limited. It is a Blast!

Well I posted a few times on here and this is the first Ski I owned, only rented a few times long long ago.

I have a 1998 GSX Limited with 132 hours on it and more like 60 on the new engine that the original owner blew and had replaced by Dale's Jet Sports 3 years ago (which is a highly reputable shop).

I got her this March and now am getting used to launching it and riding it and messing with it. Me and the wife went out today and had a BLAST. It IS much more fun & easy when you are riding SOLO, by yourself, but the GSX hold 2 fine and I went 61 with her on it which was cool, but luckily she isn't too big.

I got her up to the BEST MAX TOP SPEED today, 63 MPH!! Great for a 1998 ski. This was on the Spedometer which I am not sure how acurtae they are??? But who cares, This thing flys and I am not trying to be a speed demon or anything. I am 99% sure is stock, at least as far as I know.

I really had fun exploring the lake and just crusing around, these things are so much fun and this was the best $3,000 I spent. Also got a Nice Trailer, 2 Life Vests, Battery Tender, extra spare tire, and ALL the gauges work: the VTS, Gas Gauge, etc etc etc which is cool as usually I read many have one or two things on their gauges that don't work.

I bought a New Battery (His was 4 Years Old! and still running strong but was an acid based battery in it so I went with a Gel Battery for peace of mind: An ODDESSEY)

When I am done I do the basic maintenece liek wash her, Grease the right places with a grease Gun, fill the gas tank & oil , use Bobadier Lube on the engine, Tender the Battery. HOWEVER, I think I need to do more in depth Maintenece soon before I have Troubles!! check & change the Jet Pump Oil. I hope it isn't too hard (I read a little but haven't attempted) Also do I need to check and change the Gas Filter. And the big thing I haven't done is FOG THE ENGINE. I am not sure how hard this is or how often to do this???? I heard the 98 GSX Ltd is hard to get to the spot you spray the Fogging Oil in, but I do not know how to do this as of right now.

Anything else I need to do to keep a nice machine running strong like she does now?

Thanks guys for all the information you all share. This is a great forum.

Oh there were probably 12 different skis on the lake today (Lake Lewisville in Texas). Mine seemed to be the older one as everyone has these nice Big new skis, but for now I am happy with my investment and the fun factor vs. what I actually paid is a bargain in my mind!

Take Care

The Bandit...................

Here are a few pictures of my Ski, if you care...ha ha
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SEADOOBANDIT; 06-15-2008 at 10:48 PM.

Re: I Love my 1998 GSX Limited. It is a Blast!

She looks great! Congrats on the new toy. Did you race any of the newer jetskis? How does the GSX LTD do against them?

I'm curious, what functions does the infocenter gauge have? Does it have water temp?

I just picked up the same exact one yesterday but mine needs a new engine. Hopefully, I'll be doing 60mph on it soon.

Last edited by d0n; 06-15-2008 at 11:50 PM.

Thats one of my favorite skis. I've been waiting to find a broken one to fix up for a long time. I love that Year of GSX's You guys are D*cks!

I wouldnt mind picking this one up.

http://toledo.craigslist.org/boa/662281757.html

Info Center has:

Time of Day, MPH, RPM, Water Temp, CHRONO (stop watch), Average Speed, Top Speed, Number of Miles Driven, Also shows Gas Tank Level, Variable Trim Height. Also has a regular spedometer with a Needle.

I also forgot to mention Mine Came with something called a RACE PAK monitoring system It is a small square digital gauge mounted on the Seadoo right in fron of you if you were looking down while you are riding it(I think they were $500 when he got it) this monitors engine temps and a whole bunch of other parameters, etc etc. It shuts off the ski if it hits a certain temp as to Not burn out the motor if she si overheating.

They don't make my model any more but the company is still selling other tyypes. It is cool and it works too.

I think the guy got it after he blew the engine because it got too hot and he didn't ever know it. This way you cn see what the temp is of all these parameters are.

Nice ski guys! That is a steal for $500. Heck get a new engine and your still in great shape and have a brand new ski basically.
    Last edited by SEADOOBANDIT; 06-16-2008 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skuzzlebutt
    I wouldnt mind picking this one up.

http://toledo.craigslist.org/boa/662281757.html
    that one looks like it's always been covered and probably stored inside. Nice shape. They don't say how many hours though.

Quote Originally Posted by SEADOOBANDIT
    Info Center has:

Time of Day, MPH, RPM, Water Temp, CHRONO (stop watch), Average Speed, Top Speed, Number of Miles Driven, Also shows Gas Tank Level, Variable Trim Height. Also has a regular spedometer with a Needle.

I also forgot to mention Mine Came with something called a RACE PAK monitoring system It is a small square digital gauge mounted on the Seadoo right in fron of you if you were looking down while you are riding it(I think they were $500 when he got it) this monitors engine temps and a whole bunch of other parameters, etc etc. It shuts off the ski if it hits a certain temp as to Not burn out the motor if she si overheating.

They don't make my model any more but the company is still selling other tyypes. It is cool and it works too.

I think the guy got it after he blew the engine because it got too hot and he didn't ever know it. This way you cn see what the temp is of all these parameters are.

Nice ski guys! That is a steal for $500. Heck get a new engine and your still in great shape and have a brand new ski basically.
    Cool thanks.

So how does the 130hp GSXL stand up against the newer larger, higher HP but heavier skis? You race any?

Have you checked any of the gauge info against a GPS device? I'm curious how accurate the MPH and miles travelled is.

When you say it has water temperature, do you mean the temp of the water running through the engine or the temp of the water you're riding in?

thanks
    Last edited by d0n; 06-16-2008 at 08:51 AM.

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by SEADOOBANDIT
    Info Center has:

How accurate is the hours on this display? I just bought one of these over the weekend (with a 95 GX) and they are the first ski's I have ever owned. I took them both on a few test rides on Sunday and will be picking them up today. It reads 109 hrs on the display when I scroll through the modes but was wondering if this is somethign that previous owners could have easily reset.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home The Wayniac's Avatar

Bandit, nice looking ski. I picked oone up with a blown engine two years ago when i was out in Michigan for $1250. Brought it home, rebuilt the engine fromt eh bottom up and gave it to my g/f. She absolutely had to have a jetski with purple on it. She loves it. Good jumper for a stable hull. I usually like the smaller skis, but it's a real looker, since it was about mint.

Good score.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home The Wayniac's Avatar

Bandit, nice looking ski. I picked oone up with a blown engine two years ago when i was out in Michigan for $1250. Brought it home, rebuilt the engine fromt eh bottom up and gave it to my g/f. She absolutely had to have a jetski with purple on it. She loves it. Good jumper for a stable hull. I usually like the smaller skis, but it's a real looker, since it was about mint.

Good score.

TxBrewer, there is no reset

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information