Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: At Berryessa, resorts begin to close, owners angry, future uncertain

nothing a good terrorist act would not fix.
    Leon Phelps and Ashy Larry, a tag team made in the Marcy Projects.

"I am about to go from ashy to classy. " Big E Smalls

PWCToday Newbie

Berryessa, resorts begin to close, owners angry, future uncertain

Went to Spanish Flats, jetskiing for the day on July 5th. When we went to the store, there wasn't much left of anything at the "lower" store, where they have the rentals and the dock. The owner said his last day open was going to be on the following weekend, July 13th. Since the was nothing left except a vintage suit that looked as if someone may have forgotten it there, we drove up to the store above the camping area to see if they had what we were in need of. They didn't have much merchandise or food left either. The couple working behind the counter said they were going to another part of the lake for work, but they appeared to be in good spirits.
    The park ranger who wasn't in the best of moods, at the front entrance of Spanish Flats said she was moving outta state. Not only has this public access been taken away, but people were being displaced and more job losses, so not all were real tickled about all this.

Apparently the owner of a huge resort in Arizona purchased the Spanish Flats area and plans on building a large resort on that spot. $$$$$ All those that have camped there know how beautiful the surrounding area is and how that'll forever be changed. In the meantime, the public will no longer have access to camp, use the day use area, or launch area within those areas listed in the initial thread.

AGAIN, WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT!

I actually learned how to ride a stand-up at Lake Berryessa. It was my virgin ride! lol

JeanJeanne
    89 650SX
    97 900STX

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information