Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435
    PWCToday Newbie

Re: LASERMAN Sport Cruiser Restore #2

Hello all, new to site. Was wonder if the bottom a 1991 Kawi sport cruiser was paint or gelcoat, and ideas on how to redo?? Thanks

PWCToday Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by afcblink View Post
    Looking at that with the steering console stripped totally changes the looks of that hull -- much less massive. That thing's just screaming for different steering arrangement. I could really see glassing that front end flush and rigging up something like a stick-steer lever next to the seat, a la panfishing boats.
    :*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*

PWCToday Newbie

All older Kawasaki's are painted. No gelcoat because the hulls aren't fiberglass. They're SMC or FRP - I forget. sheet molded compound or fiber reinforced plastic. You can repair them with a cheap fiberglass made by bondo repair kit. I use SC110 I bought off ebay. It's more expensive but it's actual EPOXY resin, not the polyester resin you can pick up locally. It works great for big repairs as it has almost an hour working time until it starts setting up. If you're going to touch it up with white paint get the Rust-oleum Appliance Epoxy. If you do a good job you won't even see the touch up area at all. Gel coat will crack and chip easily so if you're doing the whole bottom just sand it and paint it. Good luck with your SC. We've had ours going on 10 years and love it.

PWCToday Newbie

Thanks for the advise. Sorry to say I am 44 years old and this is my first jet ski. Not sure why I waited so long. It runs just fine just want to fix it up for my kids. Does the prosses you described to fix the bottom going to be the same for the whole hull. And when I am done to I wet sand and buff or just paint and ride? Thanks again and sorry for the dumb questions. Any more suggestions would be great.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

If you have painted it correctly you ride it like a rental, if not you sand and buff to remove whatever paint mistakes occurred, the whole boat is SMC so epoxy only for any repairs.
    Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

WWSRD , What would Speed Racer do ?

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread Information