pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

View Poll Results: Which one is better and why?

Voters
284. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kawi is better

159 55.99%
  • Superjet is better

125 44.01%
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home djkorn1's Avatar

Re: Why is a Superjet better than a Kawai Stand up?

Quote Originally Posted by morty gunty
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxhead
    haha thats funny
    I bet these isnt many kawi riders out there that wouldnt jump at the chance if some one offered them a trade for a superjet

it wouldnt be quite as funny if it wasnt true.

kawis are the ticket for carving...... if thats what youre into. hell, thats what i was into before the SJ.

i still have the 750 x2 and big bore blaster for carving and such. nothing will ever be as fun as the SJ though.

i have owned about a dozen kawis and was a diehard and faithful kawi man. then i bought a square and then a round. nothing beats the SJ. sorry kawi guys..... until youve OWNED an SJ, you will never understand. of course, there might be a select few that will say otherwise. youll find that theyre into "carving" too.
    Except me. I've ridden hundreds of SJets and I still like my SXR better. Lightened hull coming this winter.
    2003 Kawasaki SXR Freerider.

"A little faster than what is safe" http://www.myspace.com/djkorn1

I want a SEA-DOO stand up, 130hp would be just fine. Maybe a size larger than a SJ and weight lighter than a SXR. Also I went ridding with my SXR and my friend had his SJ and we both ran out of gas at the same time. I liked ridding them both but for different reasons. SJ nice and light, SXR nice and stable, just like everyone else says.

If I had the money, I would buy both. Then you really shouldn't be more of a fan-boy to one more than the other, cause you own both.

I don't know enough about the newer ones, but I have a SN SJ and a 750SX, and I love riding them both. Just to be out riding is enough for me, as I don't spend my time nit-picking over which is better.

Brian P. '90 SN SJ 701
    2003 Subaru WRX Sedan
    2006 Kawasaki ZZR600
    2003 Honda 400EX
    SUR# 203

I voted Kawi, strictly because I just bought one this year. But I loved my Super Jet. Spent 5 years on it, raced it from day one, until this year. A Super Jet (96-07) with tubbies handles just as good as an SXR, and is easy as hell to ride. But hit rough water, and Fat Boy Kawi just flies. Im actually having a ***** of time getting used to the SXR on a buoy course just because the two are very different when it comes to riding style, but I love both skis, have both skis, both are rock.
    Last edited by jetPilot1o1; 06-05-2008 at 01:18 AM.
    Novice Ski Limited
    Am Ski Open
    Spec Sport

2004 limited SX-R
    1996 limited Super Jet
    1993 spec Blaster

Great! The reliability, or lack of for the SX-R makes me feel good. All summer i rode my 95 Kawa 550sx then bought SX-R 800 couple of weeks ago

I enjoying the racing part. I have an SX-R stock so i am limited for the most part; tell i get more seat time.

My close friend has a "08" SX-R with lots of AM parts and "09" superjet. I am more of an aggresive rider (raced competitive amature motorcross for 6-7 years) so he has me ride both skis to clean them out. For the rist couple of ride sessions I hated the superjet. I would always fall and had the hardest time getting back on. However a few days ago (no lie we ride on a daily basis for a minimum of 2 hours) I was on his superjet and I broke a barrier and rode it the fastest its been ridden both race and freestyle. Considering the superjet is slower than my SX-R it handled pretty well.

If i were to do it again i would probably go with the Superjet. It is 60lbs lighter than the SX-R. That is the only reason. I am now focusing on shaving weight off of my SX-R

I agree. They are both completely different machines. No matter what the weather conditions are Hot, Cold, Calm, Rough, whatever if I have the time I am on the water. Solo if need be.

I have only been into standups since June of thsi year, but i am obsessed and am definatly looking into racing.

Great! The reliability, or lack of for the SX-R makes me feel good. All summer i rode my 95 Kawa 550sx then bought SX-R 800 couple of weeks ago

I enjoying the racing part. I have an SX-R stock so i am limited for the most part; tell i get more seat time.

My close friend has a "08" SX-R with lots of AM parts and "09" superjet. I am more of an aggresive rider (raced competitive amature motorcross for 6-7 years) so he has me ride both skis to clean them out. For the rist couple of ride sessions I hated the superjet. I would always fall and had the hardest time getting back on. However a few days ago (no lie we ride on a daily basis for a minimum of 2 hours) I was on his superjet and I broke a barrier and rode it the fastest its been ridden both race and freestyle. Considering the superjet is slower than my SX-R it handled pretty well.

If i were to do it again i would probably go with the Superjet. It is 60lbs lighter than the SX-R. That is the only reason. I am now focusing on shaving weight off of my SX-R

making sure honduh riders get their fair share of shizz.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SflSwampRat View Post
    Multiple personalities would be my guess
    Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

WWSRD , What would Speed Racer do ?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Matt_E's Avatar

Superjets suck.

They're all hype.
    If I sound like a moron, it's only because I haven't typed enough words yet.

Jetworks....Blowsion....Superfreak!....Thrust Innovations

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread Information