Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Top Dog

Custom Wammer Jammer

First off, I know its a Wave Jammer. I know there are some out there who despise these skis, so if you are one.... Just keep the smart @ss comments to yourself. I have searched and searched since I found the ski and have yet to come across anyone who has built a custom Wave Jammer so I am doing it as an origional/rare build.

With that said... I rescued this ski from a farm in South Dakota where is has been sitting untouched since 2000. Well, sort of. It was home to the largest Mud Wasp colony I have ever seen. I remember the Wave Jammer to be one of the first ski's I rode as a kid next to JS440's and 550's, and I figured it would be as close to a sit-down as I could get with out sacrificing my passion for standing!

Like they say... "dont crush 'em, restore 'em."

I'm not planning on dumping much money into the ski. Just looking for a fun, origional project/back-up ski.

Enjoy...

Here are the pictures as it was when I rescued it, sorry if they are huge. Heart transplant and full make-over to come...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Top Dog

Re: Custom Wammer Jammer

Here are some pictures of the Demolition process...

Still some signs of the Mud Wasp nest on the hull

Not much to these old/basic ski's!!

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home David3aces's Avatar

I was envious when they came out and all I had was my 1977 JS440.
    Your Jammer needs the upgraded steel exhaust gasket where the rear exhaust case meets the block. The one on it now is red and a little of it shows it the picture. You have to pull the engine to do it and they all would blow out sooner or later.

Top Dog

Actually, the motor that came with it has a toasted crank, so that entire motor is going to get parted out and sold as soon as I recieve the new one I ordered and make sure I dont need any of the parts. The motor is perfectly good, but it has a siezed crank bearing and it was just as "cost effectife" to pick up the motor I got, rather than a new/rebuilt crank.

I will be sure to replace the gasket you mentioned though, and I appreciate the input as well as any other input anyone else has as this is my first Yamaha.

What kind of carb did these come with stock? It has a few aftermarket parts on the ski already, one of whick is a Mikuni carb and I am wondering if its stock.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home sxr951's Avatar

I did the same thing with a waverunner one 1991 model. kind of fun how the runner slips and slides all over the place. I had one way back and just rebuilt one now for an extra ski for some one to ride. but man just to change the rings you have to split the cases. Runs great and all but I wouldnt do it again. when this boat needs engine work its going rt to the dump!>.lol

Jetskihaven.com has alot of parts for that.
    Last edited by sxr951; 05-21-2008 at 04:54 PM.

Top Dog

Got the hull all cleaned up and am in the process of sanding and fixing any imperfections in the hull.

I took the afternoon and re-did the seats. So much softer and nicer now!!
    Sorry a couple of the pics are blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by bump187
    I have searched and searched since I found the ski and have yet to come across anyone who has built a custom Wave Jammer
    - Odd Duck has one with a 701 in it.
    - w/rpm500 over at the Hulk has experience modding the Yama 500 motors.
    - I'm just in the initial stages of trying to stuff a 144mm pump into mine, which I'll be documenting in a build thread over at the Hulk:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58439

Top Dog

As I've been going through the hull, I noticed that there are no pissers (cooling bypass) or exhaust ports on the outside of the hull. (remember this is my first Yamaha) Can you adapt a pisser in to the cooling system (for piece of mind)? and does the exhaust dumping into the pump have any down fall?

I dream skis

I think you need an 800PV. I always liked the Jammer idea, but the WR500 engine was just un-godly slow in it. do a 144mm pump upgrade and pipe the heck out of a 701 or 800!

I think you can tee a pisser in between the head and exhaust - i'm trying to figure the same thing out to dry out my blaster pipe. the exhaust should dump out in the pump area.
    '78 & 87 Suzuki WetBike's. Yup - 2 of them now.
    '94 Blaster - Piped, footholds, trim (wifes boat )
    EnrollerConnect - Stay busy with your insurance license this year!

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home ko2's Avatar

Glad to see that jammer will be brought bach to life.....In the early 90's I had a 550 & a jammer.......Wish I had kept both ski's !!!

I think you should stuff a 62T with a 144mm pump in that jammer......It would be scarey fun !!!
    LIVE Jet Ski RADIO - every Wednesday at 7:00pm eastern standard time.

Link: www.mixlr.com/watercraft-network

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information