• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 10mm
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    • Apr 2009

Re: Selling and buying on PWC Today

Originally posted by tfergusonracing View Post
    Nothing is safer than a Postal Money Order. With pay pal, someone can wait a couple of weeks then file a credit card dispute. If that happens, paypal will rip that money right back out from under you.

I guess we have to agree to disagree. Because your bank will cash them then when they figure it out, take the amount of the fake order back plus fees. And there is nothing you can do about it.This is the # 1 scam on craigslist. I have many transactions on paypal both being a buyer and a seller and haver never once had a prob. Mostly e-bay related transactions. There is a company called safe cart as well that I am unfamiliar with but I hear is good. Either way sending money to a person you don't know is not safe either way.

Comment

• tfergusonracing
      • Nov 2005

Not a money order, a POSTAL money order. You take it to the PO and they give you cash on the spot.
      It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I am not a big man.

Comment

• 10mm
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by tfergusonracing View Post
        Not a money order, a POSTAL money order. You take it to the PO and they give you cash on the spot.

Hmm,
        I guess I never knew about that. Sounds good for the seller but what about the buyer? No guarantees seller will ship said item.

Comment

• tfergusonracing
          • Nov 2005

Yeah, it's not quite as safe/easy as paypal for the buyer, but few people would be bold enough to run a scam requiring a government issued payment form. (If they don't ship, you can send the post office/post master after them.)
          It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I am not a big man.

Comment

• 'Crockett
            • May 2004

FWIW . . . .

I didn't think anybody still did it but, I just found out that FedEx still does a "Cash only" C.O.D. . . . . . .

Peace of mind for the seller but the buyer still has to wonder what's in the box unless your FedEx guy will let you inspect the contents before he leaves.

Comment

• frankv
              PWCToday Newbie
              • Jul 2009

water worx im looking for a used crankshaft for a 2001seadoo gts. if you have anthing email me.

Comment

Working...
              X