Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Selling and buying on PWC Today

We need the buyer/seller rating system back in place. When I joined this forum, that feature was there. Soon to be changed back to this format, which took that option away. Is a redesign of the classified section out of the question? Or maybe add a catagory just for buyer/seller ratings? It won't protect you if you are sucked into a first time seller or buyer scam, but at least there would be a way to gain trust amongst ourselves and keep track of the good and the bad.
    84 Kaw 550
    86 Kaw 650x2
    98 Kaw 750xi sport

Quote Originally Posted by rmv6
    in regards to paypal, when i receive an amount of money and it shows up on paypal, have they already verified that the amount actually has been funded from the purchaser, or is that found out after a few days when i try to withdrawl the money into my account?? sorry if that makes no sense, but should i wait for paypal to transfer the money to my bank account (using the free 3 to 4 days that paypal claims) before shipping anything?
    The way my account works is the money stays in the paypal account until I request it moved into my bank account.
    Joshua Golter

socalcovers.com
    877-205-2573

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home tfergusonracing's Avatar

What we need is a bit of common sense. Look at who you're buying from. Have they been a member here for 5 years with 6000 posts, or did they join last month and their first and only post is for a Factory Pipe for $200 and they refuse to post pictures of it? Of course you're not guaranteed to have a good deal just because someone has been here forever, but you're MUCH less likely to get scammed as compared to a douche selling a 760 for $350 shipped. (I hope that guy catches burning herpes. : )
    Last edited by tfergusonracing; 05-11-2008 at 01:42 AM.
    It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I am not a big man.

I agree with most of the comments on here, I have bought and sold thru paypal/fleabay and on other forums one thing I do like on the fullsizechevy forum is that you must have at least 50 posts in the technical forums (posts in teh "whatever/ other) forums don't count before you can sell that keeps some of the scammers out, and as for paypal I have only been burned once I bought some 4ga stereo wire that was supposed to be top of the line and all I got was some cheap junk! there was one other time I almost got burned for 450.00 but I did some investigating on my own and found out where the guy was working and called him there plus I has the payment sent signature required with a return reciept. and his boss had signed for the letter which tied his boss with him...lol
    also my inlaws and wife work for the post offics and let me in on a few things to do all in all I got my 450 back thru western union!!!

Coal Miners....we can go deeper...get dirtier...go all night long... do our best work in the dark....and still go riding in the morning!!!
    97 GTX her ride
    93 XP my ride
    02 chevy silverado the z71 is long gone.....
    01 chevy suburban her tow pig
    full size chevy owners check out this site...www.fullsizechevy.com

my quick .02.....

We should have the buyer/seller rating system like other forum sites similar to this one. A feedback option would help everyone out in deciding who and who not to deal with.

Secondly, I must say that I've made probably 20 buy and sell deals on pwctoday through the forum and payed/received paypal payments, and never had one issue of any manner. I think MOST of the people on here are honest. Were all on here with the same hobby, so I think we stick together!
    ...Flatdecked, PFP'D, Stroked, DASA 970 X2...

http://www.pwctoday.com/f100/flatdec...el-356987.html

Attention ***** PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JonnyX2's Avatar

I have done 30+ deals here, buying and selling and have only had two bad issues. One I will chalk up to a "misunderstanding" and I just let it go. The other I am waiting on a resoloution, If I dont get what I was supposed to then everyone will know who was a bad seller.
    Its your best defense, common sense.

I know I need to use the feedback forum more, it only takes a minute to post kudos to a good seller or buyer.
    Last edited by JonnyX2; 05-12-2008 at 12:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird A/C&Heating View Post
    OMG.....Rules for 550 vintage ski class...550 ski riders do not conform to any kind of rules. That is why you are riding a 550 ski in the first place. Rules suck....
    PS...the rule book will be in my 550 pump
    Quote Originally Posted by WB1994
    Listen , stop your cryin' , its only an X2.

resident guru MILLER PHASE 3 1050's Avatar

my .02 id say ive sold over 30 items on this site and have had no problems or issues..always make sure you get pictures of an item so you can atleast get an idea of the item your buying...when i make a sale i always give the buyer my full name and address and also my cell phone # and mentioning to call me if any problems ( before or after the sale )...money order is the easyest way to pay or you can do a wire transfer ...that in my opinion is the best way to do business out of the states...( or paypal )

keep up the great site and great people ...JOSH

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home jetskijockey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rmv6
    in regards to paypal, when i receive an amount of money and it shows up on paypal, have they already verified that the amount actually has been funded from the purchaser, or is that found out after a few days when i try to withdrawl the money into my account?? sorry if that makes no sense, but should i wait for paypal to transfer the money to my bank account (using the free 3 to 4 days that paypal claims) before shipping anything?
    i hated that when i would sell something on ebay... it would take a couple of days to go into my account.
    thats why i got a paypal debit card

Ok, as a small business pwc salvage I would like to give my 2 cents here. I receive roughly 80 percent of my payments for sales through paypal. The fee (ON MY END ONLY, as a seller) is 2.9 percent plus .30 on a transaction up to $3,000 on a US dollar transaction. (NOT 5-6 percent!!) Fees are less on larger transactions. Furthermore, your paypal balance IS FDIC insured!!!!! This is info that you can easily find on their website, along with buyer protection laws. I do realize that not all people want to use paypal, and we offer other methods of payments as well, but most people want their parts fast and this is a very fast method, and a little safer in my opinion, if you feel that the person is questionable, than sending a check or money order. My sales would definitely be hurt without paypal. Hey also guys, for those of you that don't already know it, most of the smaller salvages will sell you used parts for AT LEAST 50 percent off, whether you have been ripped off by someone else or not!! There are always going to be scammers out there. Don't blame paypal! Everyone is trying to do their part to stop it. It is a problem on every public site where there is buying and selling going on. Bottom line, if it doesn't feel right, it probably isn't. Be an informed buyer!! Ask about return policies, etc.

PWCToday Newbie

I sold 4 or 5 crankshafts and cases in really good shape for less than I normally would have sold for.Then after I established a good reputation and gotten to know quite a few people here I now sell at a fair price to buyer and seller.I think the biggest problem is a few not good people scam someone then it makes it hard for all of us honest people.I have never had a problem with paypal or with someone that was unhappy with what they got.In fact some parts I sent to australia ,the people were so suprised they asked me if I would set up a buisness ,just locating and shipping them the used parts. When I sell a used part it is as good as new,and will perform as such.Ask anyone who bought crankshafts,pumps, or anything from me .If anyone ever has a problem I would make it right,If you sell good parts with close-up pictures ,then take pictures before and of the serial number as its packed.I have never needed them but have them.Plus if someone is a verified member of paypal ,it is lots safer ,and I only ship to address paypal gives me ,and I print out shipping label thru paypal.Sell good parts you wont have a problem, dont buy unless a person has lots of posts and refrences in here , and dont buy unless someone is verified paypal with no disputes.The biggest problem is drug addiction and the legnths that a person will go to get money.The world is mostly full of honest people,dont let the few bad apples ruin it for you!!JMHO>Marvin

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information