Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

Re: Selling and buying on PWC Today

i almost bought some parts from i guy on here that said his camra was broken and to pay by paypal, ended up i found out it was a scam

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Laserman's Avatar

I will continue to use PAYPAL - but I will also continue to research the people I would do business with. They are plenty of reputable people here. This has made me leary of buying from newbies.
    1985 JS 550/750 Stand-up: http://www.pwctoday.com/f72/smileys-...50-114680.html
    1984 JS550 TYPHOON 750 conversion: http://www.pwctoday.com/f72/laserman...ct-186297.html
    1992 Sport Cruiser "Sportscar" Conversion: http://www.pwctoday.com/f72/laserman...-a-173049.html
    Here's a helpfull thread on 550\650 conversions: http://www.pwctoday.com/f72/just-ano...on-133898.html

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home tfergusonracing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the penguin
    half now and half on delivery? How are sellers supposed to determine if a buyer is reputable?

There are buyers that try to screw over sellers.
    Ditto that.
    It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I am not a big man.

Just so everyone knows, the free sample program we have for Fluid Film is on the up-and-up. There is no charge whatsoever, and shipping info is kept strictly confidential. We just know how superior our product is, and sampling is the most effective way to prove it.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home 1goofball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho
    It is true Paypal sucks. They guarantee NOTHING and take a 5-6% fee. They are not a bank, not federally insured, they are just a private company out for PROFITS!

and EBAY owns them
    Last edited by 1goofball; 05-10-2008 at 12:39 AM.

PWCToday Newbie

so as a relatively new guy to selling and buying on this site, whats the best way to go about selling? simply learn who is good and bad?
    '83 550JS - Westcoast Exhaust, Milled Head, Dual Cooling, SkatTrak, Scoop Grate, K&N F/A

Quote Originally Posted by rmv6
    so as a relatively new guy to selling and buying on this site, whats the best way to go about selling? simply learn who is good and bad?

sell to anyone. Take any kind of payment. If you get paid check thru PayPal, hold goods for 4 days until it clears PayPal. Anything else thru PayPal is like cash. Selling isn't a problem. Buying is where you worry, but then 99% of things, you will receive. You just might not get as good as what you are lead to believe. I don't know anyone on this site that puts the screws to you.

Quote Originally Posted by rmv6
    At So Cal we use PayPal but I think the problems are due more to scammers than PayPal as a whole. After reading all the threads about scammers I can see why people would be nervous about buying on-line.

I think the best way to find out about a seller is checking in the feedback sections and if there is nothing there start a thread to see if anyone has bought from them.

As a company we have had a great experience here and I believe that the community has become quicker about letting others know about scammers. Don't let a few losers ruin it for the rest of us.
    Last edited by So Cal Covers; 05-10-2008 at 08:24 PM.
    Joshua Golter

socalcovers.com
    877-205-2573

PWCToday Newbie

in regards to paypal, when i receive an amount of money and it shows up on paypal, have they already verified that the amount actually has been funded from the purchaser, or is that found out after a few days when i try to withdrawl the money into my account?? sorry if that makes no sense, but should i wait for paypal to transfer the money to my bank account (using the free 3 to 4 days that paypal claims) before shipping anything?
    '83 550JS - Westcoast Exhaust, Milled Head, Dual Cooling, SkatTrak, Scoop Grate, K&N F/A

i began to answer, re-read and decided I'm not sure if you are asking as seller or buiyer. I believe that if PayPal pays you, then everything has been checked and OK. The only thing you will have to wait on, is an echeck. Thats a check that PayPal (was paid with a personal check) and are waiting for it to be good. Everything else should go thru instantly.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information