• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • strickland03
    PWCToday Newbie
    • May 2008

02 polaris genesis i question

I posted another thread about my problems, but I have another question. Is it possible to tune it up? It bogs at an idle but when you get it fireing higher than idle it runs great. Is it as simple as adjusting the throtel cable or is it in the CPU?
  • BigZ
    PWCToday Regular
    • Sep 2002

Re: 02 polaris genesis i question

You can adjust the throttle cable a little but that only causes it to rev differently. Make sure you have not fouled a plug. Other than that you need a computer to change the settings. These engines generally run rough at idle though.

Comment

• ferrarifreak31
      Frequent Poster
      • Apr 2009

mine does the EXACT samething and i hate it. the mechanic says there is nothing you can do about it becase it is fuel injected and there is no idle adjuster. i guess we just have to accept it or always drive fast!
      Hate to Love Me
      Love to Hate Me

Polaris Genesis i
      Yamaha FX HO

Mercedes-Benz S500
      Mercedes-Benz ML350
      Lexus RX 330

Comment

• Keith447
        Frequent Poster
        • Aug 2007

The Ficht fuel injected engines generally run very smoothly at idle. The computer controls the idle to 1150RPM, in or out of the water.

Throttle cable at the lever must have a little slack, per the service specs, so the TPS can fully reach the idle position.

The correct spark plugs must be used - no substitutes. NGK PZFR6H

The TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) can fail, and it can cause lots of strange symptoms. Easiest test is to purchase and install a new TPS. Never buy a used TPS. Always good to have a spare TPS on hand anyway.

Polaris Ficht Fuel Injected Engines

Ficht TPS versions, sources
        Last edited by Keith447; 08-19-2009, 03:29 PM.
        Click here for more help ==> www.greenhulk.net

Comment

• ferrarifreak31
          Frequent Poster
          • Apr 2009

ok so at 1150 rpm it should run smoothly. and is it true that you cannot adjust the idle control because it is fuel injected?
          Hate to Love Me
          Love to Hate Me

Polaris Genesis i
          Yamaha FX HO

Mercedes-Benz S500
          Mercedes-Benz ML350
          Lexus RX 330

Comment

• Keith447
            Frequent Poster
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by ferrarifreak31 View Post
            ok so at 1150 rpm it should run smoothly.

and is it true that you cannot adjust the idle control because it is fuel injected?
            Idle RPM is not adjustable, and it should idle fairly smoothly at 1150 RPM.

If it is idling roughly, then something is wrong.

If the fuel injectors were removed from the engine, it is important that they be re-installed onto the exact same cylinders they were removed from. Injectors may not be swapped between cylinders without updating the EMM to match.

When my own Ficht machines first start up from cold, the idle may be rough for a few seconds, but it tends to smooth out quickly, and then it will idle smoothly for the rest of the day.
            Last edited by Keith447; 08-19-2009, 03:36 PM.
            Click here for more help ==> www.greenhulk.net

Comment

• pkurek
              PWCToday Newbie
              • Apr 2010

keith447 is correct on the injectors. biggest problem with rough idle or some loss of pwr
              at w.o.t. is spark plugs. They might look ok when removed, but change them and try. Also like he said, use the correct ones. I have seen ski's come into the shop with idle or performance issues and found autolite plugs that don't even cross to the ngk's. installed the right ngk's and they run smooth.

Comment

Working...
              X