Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Re: ****2008 PWC/Safe Boating Classes****

****Pennsylvania****

The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission will hold a one-day boating safety class on Saturday, March 8 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at PPL’s Susquehanna Riverlands in Salem Township.Those who successfully complete the course will receive a boating safety education certificate, which is required for all operators of personal watercraft who are 12 years of age or older. The certificate is also required for the operation of a motorboat of more than 10 horsepower. Pre-registration is required. Please bring your own lunch and snacks. The program will take place at the Susquehanna Energy Information Center. To register, contact Susquehanna Riverlands at 1-866-832-3312.
    Times Leader
    Skipper: Kowalski, analysis.
    Kowalski: I'm picking up good vibrations.

**The information obtained in my hurricane thread is courtesy of NOAA, National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.**
    Liquid Militia*****K38 Water Safety*****

****Maryland****

COAST GUARD AUXILIARY COURSES: The local Coast Guard Auxiliary will host the following boating courses:

March 11-18 - Maryland Boating Safety Course, $20 per student at the Edgewater Elementary School, five evenings from 7-9 p.m.

April 8-16 - Maryland Boating Safety Course, $20 per student at the Hillsmere Elementary School for five evenings from 7-9 p.m.

May 5-14 - Maryland Boating Safety Course, $200* per student at the Edgewater Elementary School for five evenings from 7-9 p.m.
    (*quite possibly a typo, I just copied what was printed...call for exact details. C---)
    June 16-26 - Maryland Boating Safety Course, $20 per student at the Edgewater Library, for five evenings from 6:30-8:30 p.m.

July 7-17 - Maryland Boating Safety Course, $20 per student at the Annapolis-Eastport Library, for five evenings from 6:30-8:30 p.m.

Aug. 5-18 - Maryland Boating Safety Course, $20 per student at the Edgewater Library, for five evenings from 6:30-8:30 p.m.

Sept. 9-16 - Maryland Boating Safety Course, $20 per student at the Hillsmere Elementary School, for five evenings from 7-9 p.m.

Oct. 6-15 - Maryland Boating Safety Course, $20 per student at Edgewater Elementary School, for five evenings from 7-9 p.m.

Pre-registration is required for all courses. Please call or email: Michael Prokopchak, 410-798-5952, mikeprokop@aol.com.

ANNAPOLIS SAFETY COURSE: The Coast Guard Auxiliary will teach the Maryland Safe Boating Course on March 3, 7 and 10 at 7 p.m. each evening at the Annapolis Fire Department on Taylor Ave. The fee is $20 each for first two family members, then $10 each for additional. For future class dates, more information and registration, email jpotts38@msn.com or call 410-703-2203.
    Hometown Annapolis

**The information obtained in my hurricane thread is courtesy of NOAA, National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.**

****New York****

March 5-6: Safe boating certification course, 5-9 p.m. both days at Gander Mountain, 528 Harry L Drive, Johnson City. The courses are free but pre-registration is requested. Register at the store's customer service desk or call 798-8400.
    Press Connects

****Oregon****

Safe boating class begins Saturday

The America's Boating Course, a public safe boating class leading to a boater education card, will be taught in two sessions from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday and March 15 in the second floor training room at Englund Marine Supply, 29 Portway Drive.

The cost for the course is $30, which includes the course book and a CD of all of the course materials. A presentation, "Local Knowledge," will be a part of the course, and it will cover intimate knowledge about hazards on the Lower Columbia, including the Columbia River Bar.

Mandatory boater education is now law. Oregon boaters, age 70 years old and younger, beginning in 2008, need a boater education card to operate or supervise youth operating a boat greater than 10 horsepower. Youth ages 12 to 15 years old operating a boat 0 to 10 hp and all personal watercraft operators need a card.

The boater education card will save money on boat insurance. Boaters can be cited and fined $97 for operating watercraft without the card.

The state of Washington will issue a card to Washington residents completing the course. Their law states that all boaters under the age of 20 years old must have a card beginning in 2008.

The National Association of State Boating Law Administrators approves this course, which will be taught by experienced boaters and qualified instructors from the Lower Columbia Power Squadron and U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary Buoy 10 Flotilla 64.

To preregister, and for information, contact Ron Collman at 861-1368 or register on the day of the class.
    Daily Astorian

****Michigan****

The Grand Haven Flotilla of the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary is sponsoring two boating safety classes this spring.

The day-long classes will be held from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. on April 12 and May 3 at the Sector Field Office Grand Haven, 650 S. Harbor Ave., across from the Coast Guard Station.

These classes are designed to appeal to boaters, personal watercraft operators, hunters, anglers and others who cannot find time for a full comprehensive course. It is approved by most agencies that require formal instruction in order to operate a boat.

The course is filled with information on making boating experiences safer and more comfortable. Subjects include operating, navigating, anchoring, docking and handling emergencies, plus tips and techniques on being a better boater, as well as laws and regulations.

The cost is $35, and that includes a textbook and CD. The cost for a second person sharing a textbook is $10.

For more information, call Jim Kearns at (616) 676-9030, or e-mail him at jim.kearns@comcast.net.
    Grand Haven Tribune

****Maryland****

Salisbury, Md. - Local U.S. Coast Guard flotillas present boating skills and seamanship courses on a regular basis. All boaters born after July 1, 1972, must take and pass an approved safe-boating course prior to operating any motorized vessel or personal watercraft.

For a schedule of courses offered, stop by the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary booth at the AMSA Sportsman show on Feb. 29 and March 1 and 2 at the Wicomico Youth and Civic Center.

Flotilla 12-01 of Salisbury will offer courtesy marine examinations by contacting FC George Campbell at 302-875-7663, Capt. Jerry O'Neill at 410-546-2746 or VE Officer Bill Thompson at 410-384-3683.

U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary boating skills and seamanship approved courses will be offered at the Wicomico County Library from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. on Mondays, March 3 through 24.
    The Daily Times

****Texas****

Boating safety class

U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary Flotilla 5-15 will have a boating safety class from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. April 5 at the McCown Valley Community Center, 757 FM 1713 in Whitney.

The course meets Texas state certification requirements, for adults and youths age 13 to 18, for boat and personal watercraft operation.

Cost for state certification is $13. For more information or to register, call 694-2557 or e-mail jacetexas@hotmail.com.
    Waco Tribune-Herald

****New Jersey****

April 2-3: Two-day course, personal watercraft/safe boatingoffered by Coast Boating School at West Marine, Chambers Bridge Rd., Brick. 6 to 9 p.m. Fee is $65. For more information and to register call (877) BOAT SAFE (262-8723).

April 5: One-day boating course offered at The Dock Outfitters, 5 Route 35 South, Seaside Heights. Class starts at 9 a.m and the fee is $60. For more information call (732) 6897-9497 or e-mail sswave10@yahoo.com.

April 5: One-day course, America's Boating Course, offered by Coast Guard Auxiliary Flotilla 2-3. Eatontown. The fee is $55 per person. To register call (732) 946-8273.

April 5: One-day class, America's Boating Course offered by Coast Guard Auxiliary Flotilla 16-08 at Coast Guard Station, Washington and First avenues, Avon. Class begins at 9 a.m. Cost is $55. Advance registration is required. Call Teresa Morrone at (732)367-0903 to register or for additional information.

April 5: One-day class America's Boating Course offered by Coast Guard Auxiliary Flotilla 16-05 of Brick. The class is full day Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and held at the Brick Civic Plaza on Chambers Bridge Road and Sprucewood Drive. The fee is $50 per person. Must be at least 16 years old and pre-register by calling (732) 899-0368 or by registering online at 05N1605@comcast.net.

April 5: One-day course in boating safety offered by Bogan's Boating School, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Bogan's Basin, 800 Ashley Ave. Brielle. Fee is $65. For more information call (732) 528-3847 or e-mail bogansboatingschool@yahoo.com.

April 12: One-day class, America's Boating Course offered by Coast Guard Auxiliary Flotilla 16-07 at Point Pleasant Boro High School, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The fee is $50 per person, age 15 and under, $40. To register call (732) 785-2618.

April 12: One-day course, America's Boating Course, offered by the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary, Flotilla 16-01. Course will be held at the Herbertsville Firehouse on Herbertsville Road in Brick, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The fee is $55 per person and pre-registration is required by April 4. Call (732) 746-3491.

April 12-13: The United States Power Squadron's Public Boating Safety Course is being given by the Shrewsbury Power Squadron at the Monmouth Boat Club, 31 Union Street, Red Bank. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. and class will run from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The exam will be given on April 13 from 9 a.m to 11a.m. $60 fee. Register online at www.usps.org or http://www.usps.org/localusps/shrews/. For more information call (732) 946-2837.
    APP.com

****New York****

The Oneida County Sheriff’s Marine Patrol is offering a boaters safety course.

The course is required for anyone from 10 to 17 years old who wants to be able to operate a motorized boat.

The course is not required for those 18 years and older, however, it is required of everyone, regardless of age, to operate personal watercraft.

Courses will take place at:

• April 5 at the Deerfield Firehouse, Firehouse Road.

• April 12 at the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office, 6065 Judd Road in Oriskany.

• May 17 at the Sylvan Beach Firehouse, Main Street, Sylvan Beach.

To register, call the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office and be prepared to give your name, address, date of birth and telephone number. The classes will be limited to the first 30 people.

The eight-hour classes will begin at 8:30 a.m. There is a $10 fee for individuals older than 18. Participants are advised to bring a lunch.

For information or additional classes, visit www.mysparks.com/boats or call 1-800-336-2628 to find out when U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary & U.S. Power Squadron Boater Safety Courses will take place.
    UticaOD.com

****North Dakota****

N.D. boating course: With spring on the minds of many, now’s the time to think about taking a boating basics course in North Dakota. The class is required for youths age 12-15 to operate a boat or personal watercraft with at least a 10-horsepower motor. In addition, major insurance companies give adult boat owners who pass the course a premium discount on boat insurance.

Info: Nancy Boldt, North Dakota Game and Fish Department, 100 N. Bismarck Expressway, Bismarck ND 58501-5095; e-mail ndgf@nd.gov; or call (701) 328-6300.

— N.D. Game and Fish Department
    Grand Forks Herald

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information