Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Re: super chicken appreciation thread

After looking at all the conversions, and starting my initial process yesterday, I came to following conclusion.

I want to have the least invasive and easy conversion done , I want to keep the bulge in foot tray relatively small , I am looking for solutions that can easily be copied and furthermore solution that engine components can be maintained , I want this to be a cheap solution with utilizing most of oem parts available. I am aware that there are easier conversions possible kaw 750/800 or even Yamaha 701/760.

*** Also this is just a technical conversion , I don't need stuff to look A+ or winning cosmetic awards, mechanical reliable and running is my goal in this first conversion.

Therefore I have started the 900 conversion as follows ( I utilized a parts 900 , 1100 will be similar but 900 comes cheaper) .

I am not going into detail about stuff that people should know how to do like pulling old engine etc...

Chicken 1.jpgChicken 2.jpgChicken 3.jpgChicken 4.jpg
    Last edited by orangefinger; 01-29-2018 at 08:46 PM.
    KELLYHIEKE.ROCKS NEW WEBSITE CHECK IT OUT - FEMALE AMATEUR FREESTYLE

HURRICANE ECLIPSE TPE 900CC P&P Performance

94 Blaster "KAW 1100cc"

650 SC

After considering several options the most feasible one for me was to utilize the stock 650 engine bedplate ( lighter than oem 900/1100 )

I did not want to waist time re glassing engine mounts thus the 900 sits to close to mid shaft when mounted on 650 bedplate in pre fabled holes.

I contacted Rhaas which hooked me up with lowered 650 motor mounts and 2 blank conversion plates, which allow me ( see cart board ) to mount to existing hull mounts and then mock up the exact distance to end up having 650 bedplate mounted in the middle of the engine and also gaining distance needed to drop engine in and move back into couplers.

It will require that the driveshaft has to be cut back or made custom to be as close as possible to the mid shaft housing despite the opening that I had made in the firewall for Flywheel cover and engine movement.

Once this is all completed I will post some more pictures , prior to cutting the bulges for exhaust pipe and possibly flame arrestor....

Water box will be raider water box like in blaster conversions, and then ZXI over the pump tunnel hose as well as complete ZXI exhaust, L pipe, and exhaust flapper ....easy, cheap and stock and stock.
    Last edited by orangefinger; 01-29-2018 at 08:56 PM.

94 Blaster "KAW 1100cc"

650 SC

Very cool. Cant wait to get details on how it runs. Any idea of how much more the 900 weighs compared to the 650? Also is the 1100 the same dimensions as a 900 with just a bigger bore?

1995 Kawasaki SC

PJS Viper 9000 800cc
    PJS Exhaust Manifold
    Coffmans Full Exhaust
    Custom Jetinetics Flywheel/drilled ring gear
    12 Vein SS Magnum Pump
    10/18 Skat Track Swirl Impeller
    PJS Rip Turn
    DG Intake Grate

1994 Kawasaki XIR
    Group K Head Mod
    PJS Exhaust
    Skat 9/17 Big Hub Swirl
    UMI Bars

Quote Originally Posted by mav10flight View Post
    Hi everybody my name is Matt , I'm new to the forum . I came across the Sea couch on the web when I was looking for a wetbike Tomcat few months ago and I though I will need one , seems a lot of fun . I found one in Craig list for 750$ with trailer , was kind of rough and seller told me it was runing and upgraded with a 750cc engine in it and an After market exhaust . I was told engine need new head gasket and stud wich were given to me with the jet.

I have it delivered to my home and i started walking around . It start right away but obviously for 750 it was really really rough , lot of rust , bad cable , nigthmare wiring , really really dirty ... not my kind of ride ! I m not a mecanic but 2 stroke is pretty basic . I'm from France and right there until you turned 18 you have no other choice than 50 CC Scooter ! lol !

I decide to restore and custom my new toy ! I may need your help and your technical knoweldge ! Right now the jet is completly appart . I brought it to my body shop to redone all the hull ( crack , scratch , dent , fiberglass missing at some point ) and also repaint it .

When I started dessamble everything i found a weird engine set up wich doesn't give a lot of confidence ( kinf of hybrid 650/750 and a stranger carb intake ...( i 'm trying to upload some pics) .. so i decide to get anew engine

I brought the seat to my upholstery guy and i just bought a 830 CC stroked engine wich should do around 100 HP
    DESCRIPTION :
    Kawasaki 830cc engine. It started life as a 750 big pin. All of the castings were bead blasted to bare aluminum before refinishing. The crankshaft was rebuilt with new rods and bearings. The cylinder has been re-sleeved (a big job on Kawi's) to accommodate the larger pistons. It was then ported to 800 specs. The head was milled and lapped, then the domes were opened up to match the bore. A stock metal head gasket was used because there is not enough room for 0-rings to seal properly now. Compression bench tested at 210psi with oil sealing the rings. I anticipate that will drop to around 190 after running for a while. The carbs are stock 44mm Mikunis that have been rebuilt and re-jetted.

The engine guy told me it will work with factory pump , electronic and nozzle ... I m pretty sure electronic will be ok but not sure if the factory pump or nozzle will do a decent job with almost the double Hp from factory. I know I will also need for sure a good impeller .
    I d like to post some pictures of the progress but not sure how to do it , any comments are welcome and forgive my english that could be so/so sometimes specialy when it comes to technical stuff.

MattAttachment 535110Attachment 535111Attachment 535112Attachment 535113Attachment 535114Attachment 535115Attachment 535116Attachment 535117Attachment 535118Attachment 535119Attachment 535120Attachment 535121Attachment 535122Attachment 535123Attachment 535124Attachment 535125Attachment 535126Attachment 535127Attachment 535128Attachment 535128Attachment 535128Attachment 535129
    Crazy to see that PJS motor in another SC..lol. Looks like you have a PJS Viper 9000 cylinder on a 750 case stroking it to 850cc's. Do you know what impeller it had on it when you bought it?
    I have the complete PJS 9000 motor in mine.

1995 Kawasaki SC

PJS Viper 9000 800cc
    PJS Exhaust Manifold
    Coffmans Full Exhaust
    12 Vein SS Magnum Pump
    PJS Rip Turn
    DG Intake Grate

1994 Kawasaki XIR
    Group K Head Mod
    PJS Exhaust
    Skat 9/17 Big Hub Swirl
    UMI Bars

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Millah's Avatar

Mine is coming along, Just added some bolt-on's the ole reliable 650. chick.jpgchick2.jpg
    Jetjamracing.com
    DJSAracing.com

750 X2
    750 X2
    Super Chicken

clean ..lean racing machine

94 Blaster "KAW 1100cc"

650 SC

OWell you guys the seat is done. Now ready to put the finishing touches on her and she goes to the water either this weekend or next week.
    IMG_1404.JPGIMG_1428.JPG
    IMG_1423.JPGIMG_1673.JPGIMG_1675.JPG
    IMG_1680.JPG

Now to to put her back together. She ready to go !!!!!!
    Last edited by FlyerTaz; 02-08-2018 at 02:54 AM.

PWCToday Newbie

Not been on here much, but here is a vid of a river run I did. Surprisingly I only knocked one hole in it. I am working on building an aluminum bottom for it. Everyone I know is getting into the mini jet craze. I am gonna try and see where the ole SC can go. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sme-A5B6dwY

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by zpilot View Post
    Crazy to see that PJS motor in another SC..lol. Looks like you have a PJS Viper 9000 cylinder on a 750 case stroking it to 850cc's. Do you know what impeller it had on it when you bought it?
    I have the complete PJS 9000 motor in mine.
    Hi , thanks for your response

yes it was Solas 15/20

by the way the seller is telling me I must use race fuel . Wich make sense with a 210 PSI compression .I was more about to breaking in with race fuel and then lowering the compression by stacking 2 or 3 metal gasket together and maybe use a mix of 93 pump gas and race fuel .

woukd you know where can I get those gasket for this specific engine ?

The jet was paint today and Iím really surprise with the results , look like a 2018 ride lol

i only have a video and I donít know to post it since itís in my phone and a YouTube video

Matt

Cometic has the measurments and will make a gasket any thickness for $15.

Sorry, but did you ever test the ski with the pjs setup?

1995 Kawasaki SC

PJS Viper 9000 800cc
    PJS Exhaust Manifold
    Coffmans Full Exhaust
    12 Vein SS Magnum Pump
    PJS Rip Turn
    DG Intake Grate

1994 Kawasaki XIR
    Group K Head Mod
    PJS Exhaust