Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Need More Louisiana Racers

R5Water-XRacing 2008 Tour Schedule

Hello Racers,

We are please to announce our 2008 R5Water-XRacing Tour Schedule (some sites tentative). Below you will find the dates and Locations. If you have questions you can email us at r5water-xracing@hotmail.com or call us at 214-498-3592.

*ALL JUNIORS RACE FOR FREE IN 2008,DETAILS TO COME*
    Round 1&2 April 19-20th Gene’s Country, Baytown Tx
    We will be having a Racer Welcoming Party for families, friends and racers on Friday night 4-18 to welcome everyone back with LOTS of food and drinks.
    Round 3 May 25th 3Palms Extreme Moto-X Park Conroe Tx, In conjunction with a National AMA Moto-X event.
    Round 4&5 June 21-22nd Lake Carl Blackwell, Stillwater Ok Rd 1&2 Central States Cup in conjunction w/Reg 9 Great Plains Racing
    Round 6 July 5th Stewarts Creek Park, The Colony, Tx Liberty By The Lake Festival w/Festivities all weekend and Fireworks on Friday night July 4th.
    Round 7 Aug 23rd Gene’s Country, Baytown Tx This will be the Final round and will be worth DOUBLE POINTS w/awards and party to follow on site.

Again Dates are FIRM some sites are tentative and subject to change no later than Jan 20.

Thank you,
    "Flyin" Brian Smith
    Jennifer Jeter
    R5Water-XRacing
    "Flyin" Brian Smith
    www.liquidspeedradio.com
    www.maccracing.com
    http://www.motooption.com/index.html
    D.C. Lites Racing
    MaccRacing
    MotoOption
    JetXPowersports
    JetPilot
    2013 #2 IJSBA Am Ski Lites National Tour Champion
    2013 #3 IJSBA Pro Ski Lites National Champion
    2013 #1 IJSBA Pro Ski Lites R5 Champion
    2014 #8 IJSBA Vet Ski Ltd World Finals

PWCToday Newbie

i'll race.

WWW.R5WATERXRACING.COM
    for race info.....
    RIVA RACING
    HYDROTURF
    MAXIMA RACING OILS USA

I may get into this next year, id like to get a full summer of standup riding under my belt before i go for it, unless you guys have something mid to late summer. I may make it out to watch some of the races though

Brad.... There is a Begginner class.. It is alot of fun I was beginner champ back in 07 and I only made 1 race. Since the team has had another Beginner champ, I have a rider that wants to do it hear in BMT but he is gonna race dirt go carts this year as well. If you wanna get some seat time before you come cut some laps thats very understandable. The races give you a time to be around other jet skiers and see how skis with differnet set ups perform. Maybe get and idea of what you would like to add to your own ski... You are more then welcome to come ride with us on Boomtown ( Vidor ) its a small lake but the beach is nice and its a private lake so you just pay a small launch fee and you can ride all day long with no worries. We set up about 12 bouys and just ride practice laps.. Some days we cook and hang out others we just ride... depending on if someone has a race coming up.... There are sometimes wake boats or ski boats to jump waves if you like that and its plenty deep if your a freestyler. We will start riding 2 weekends a month at Boomtown starting in June and we keep riding till Nov..... Contact me if you wanna come ride
    RIVA RACING
    HYDROTURF
    MAXIMA RACING OILS USA

Sounds great i may get into the beginner class, It is stand up? I also may try and get my bud with the superjet to get into this aswell. The park you are talking about is along side of i10 with the water slides? What all do i need gear wise? A moto helm, gloves, and what else?

Quote Originally Posted by vandalais View Post
    I was looking at the map on the National Tour thread and noticed that there are no racers in Louisiana. There wasn't a weekend that went by that someone on Lake Pontchartrain didn't ask me if I wanted to race. Well I got tired of that and decided to race next year. So instead of going in a straight line, try taking a turn around a bouy or two and join APBA and go raceing with me next year. If my old lame a$$ can do it so can you. After all you don't want a 46 year old grandfather representing your state do you?
    I'm on Lake Ponchartrain 6 days a week. My friends and I have a 12 buoy course set up. We dock at the end of West End blvd. just past Coconut Beach volleyball courts. (17th Street Canal). Weekdays at 5 p.m.. Sundays at noon. Black Denali truck and a white Nissan truck with 360 Home Improvement on the side. Come ride!

Thats it Brad:

Its a RV park with Two slides right off IH 10 in Rose City..... As far as practice goes we ride with helmets and shoes for sure. They dont allow glass bottles, But its also a fishing lake so its good to be carefull..... You have to pay a lake fee for like 5 dollars for the day and if you wanna use the boat ramp you can pay a launch fee or We can put your ski in the water too.
    As far as the begginner races go... YES its ski division ( there is a beginner runabout too ). Get your superjet buddy to come begginner is usually one of the best races to watch because you guys are new at it and when one falls down the other passes then catches up then falls.. I know that sounds bad but it is so much fun.... You are allowed to run begginner the whole season if you choose to run more of the R5 series. So Its not like you get one chance then your out there with seasoned racers you have a whole year to advance your skills and speed with people of your same experiance level.

Safety equipment for racing is Moto style Helmet.... Life jacket..... Gloves... Shoes... Go to Academy and buy you some asics or nike wrestling style shoes... they last the longest and are not that expensive... Bring some race numbers that will show up on the side of your boat ( White or Black ) or if you wanna a race number plate here is a web site with some examples for SXR'S and superjets... WWW.EXOTICSIGNS.COM . Oh and the last thing bring some strong rope ane some 200 mph tape. You have to have a tow loop of the front of your jet ski. I will try and find you some examples.....
    RIVA RACING
    HYDROTURF
    MAXIMA RACING OILS USA

What ski mods can you have for beginner?

Ill try and post the limited rules for you:

That really doesnt matter though what most people do to help their handling on the course is add an aftermarket ride plate... with an aftermarket scoop grate. Then they switch handle bars to 0 degrees( helps with turns) and new grips. Last they take the stock air box off and add air filters. ( like a K & N set up ).

That is what I rode in beginner and did great. You can also add an exhaust stinger and a pipe, but then you have to re jet the carbs and get and aftermarket prop and you really dont need all that just strating out.....

If you want some advice on what parts and where to get them,, message me.. I will put you in touch with the right folks.
    RIVA RACING
    HYDROTURF
    MAXIMA RACING OILS USA

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information