• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cbr600rr
    PWCToday Newbie
    • Aug 2007

95 Seadoo Bombardier Question

I'm thinking about buying this jet ski. Its a 95 seadoo Bombardier, its been sitting for 4-5 yrs & was not winterized before it was parked. The owner tells me that the pick up does not work ( not sure what that is) but he says its not that big of deal & a hose at the impeller sometimes comes off & you need to put it back on. What kind of problems did these machines have & is it worth me trying to get it for around $700.00 - $1000.00 , I'm not sure on the model forgot to ask him when i talked to him but He says its around a size 900. & yes it did run before he parked it , any Help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Watercraft Magic
    Tech Guru
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    • Feb 2004

Re: 95 Seadoo Bombardier Question

If you do not hear it run and it is not a 1995 XP 800. It is worth about $200.00 without even knowing for sure what may be wrong with it.

A perfect 1995 SP, SPX, GT is only worth about $1500.00.
    email Chris at Watercraft Magic [email protected]

Comment

• cbr600rr
      PWCToday Newbie
      • Aug 2007

Thanks for the help. The owner said that the engine is 800 & something cc's what models did they make with this size engine, I'm going to ride by it tomorrow & look at it again & get the model # also

Comment

• WFO Speedracer
        • Aug 2006

95XP is the only 95 model with the 787 engine.
        Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
        hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

WWSRD , What would Speed Racer do ?

Comment

• Grumpy Old Guy
          • Dec 2003

It could be a 720 though...

The 720 the spark plugs stick staright up at ya,85 HP

The 800 has the motor slanted so the spark plugs are at a angle,110 hp.
          sigpic

Comment

• WAPWC
            Top Dog
            • Nov 2006

Not winterized, eh? Sitting for 4-5 years like that, huh? Stuff was wrong with it BEFORE it sat ignored and unwinterized for 4-5 years, you say? And you're in PA, at least some parts of which get a little cold in the winter?

This sounds like a nightmare project ski. Be very, very cautious. Take someone with you that knows Seadoos.
            1996 XP (787 engine)
            1997 GSX (787 engine)
            Mostly factory stock

Comment

• cbr600rr
              PWCToday Newbie
              • Aug 2007

When I go tomorrow to look at it again, I'll look at the plugs to see which way they angle. I'll also get the engine # & go from there. Would it be ok to take a good battery, clean the plugs & shoot a shot of starting fluid in the air breather to see if it starts or wouldn't you guys recommend it?

Comment

• DarthAWM
                PWCToday Guru
                • Jun 2007

Originally posted by cbr600rr
                When I go tomorrow to look at it again, I'll look at the plugs to see which way they angle. I'll also get the engine # & go from there. Would it be ok to take a good battery, clean the plugs & shoot a shot of starting fluid in the air breather to see if it starts or wouldn't you guys recommend it?
                Definatly recommend that.
                ----------------------------------------------------
                1996 XP
                2007 GTXL

Comment

• Watercraft Magic
                  Tech Guru
                  • Feb 2004

First thing to do is remove the sparkplugs and the grey driveshaft cover and see if you can spin the motor with your hands. If not, do not bother installing the battery.

The engine ID tag for a 718 motor is on the top of the magneto housing.

For a 787, it is on the back of the motor by the pipe side motor mount.
                  Last edited by Watercraft Magic; 10-03-2007, 02:36 PM.
                  email Chris at Watercraft Magic [email protected]

Comment

• cbr600rr
                    PWCToday Newbie
                    • Aug 2007

Its a XP model with a 720 engine 85hp. I did turn the engine over by hand seemed to be ok & the steering seemed fine too. I did though notice that the last time it had a Md sticker on it was 1999.

Comment

Working...
                    X