Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home rasper99's Avatar

50 rides this year before I'm 50 years old

I'm turning 50 on November 3rd. My jetski widow wife wanted to know what I want to do for my birthday. She was thinking party time. My twisted mind began pondering this.

Since I'm up to 41 times riding this year as of Sunday I was thinking how about during the day doing freighter wakes in Kalama as my 50th ride of the year on 11/3. Needless to say she wasn't too hot on the idea but it's my birthday and she wants me to be happy.

I figured out that if I ride twice a week I should be able to make it. I've been going out Friday afternoons with a buddy that has Friday afternoons off. That plus a weekend day would work perfectly to get me up to 50 rides. Then I remembered I'm going to the world finals October 12-14. Oops.

I will have to double up some weekends, throw in extra weekdays or do a quick PWC rental at the WF.

So what I would like from the crowd here is to get some of that riding in. I might even be up to going to Black lake. It's just under two hours from my house which is a lot less than Grayland was last weekend.

So gentlemen would you like to help me make this milestone? I'm sure Chevron would like me to make it.
    Check out the videos of people riding PWCs in the wild Pacific Northwest surf:
    http://www.barry-blanchard.com/

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home dsolie's Avatar

Re: 50 rides this year before I'm 50 years old

Hell yhea Barry, we would be more then happy to assist your b-day wish.. Black Lake is always open.. (gimmie a couple of weeks to get the ski's running lol)
    Dan Solie
    PWCToday Investigator - Public Ouster - Scamdar Operator
    04RXP (the "Instigator")
    94xp (freestyle mods)
    95xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick

"Honesty is always the best policy."
    www.WaGuns.org

PWCToday Regular

Quote Originally Posted by rasper99
    I'm turning 50 on November 3rd. My jetski widow wife wanted to know what I want to do for my birthday. She was thinking party time. My twisted mind began pondering this.

Since I'm up to 41 times riding this year as of Sunday I was thinking how about during the day doing freighter wakes in Kalama as my 50th ride of the year on 11/3. Needless to say she wasn't too hot on the idea but it's my birthday and she wants me to be happy.

I figured out that if I ride twice a week I should be able to make it. I've been going out Friday afternoons with a buddy that has Friday afternoons off. That plus a weekend day would work perfectly to get me up to 50 rides. Then I remembered I'm going to the world finals October 12-14. Oops.

I will have to double up some weekends, throw in extra weekdays or do a quick PWC rental at the WF.

So what I would like from the crowd here is to get some of that riding in. I might even be up to going to Black lake. It's just under two hours from my house which is a lot less than Grayland was last weekend.

So gentlemen would you like to help me make this milestone? I'm sure Chevron would like me to make it.

With the limited daylight we have left I can't get away in time to hit the river M-TH but with notice I can ride Fri, Sat, Sun.

A stand up or two...maybe three...

Quote Originally Posted by dsolie
    Hell yhea Barry, we would be more then happy to assist your b-day wish.. Black Lake is always open.. (gimmie a couple of weeks to get the ski's running lol)
    Glad to see you can appreciate my idea. I thought it was a bit out there but what the heck. Don't have a lot of weeks left so get wrenching!

I was part of the 50 before 18 club but it had nothing to do with PWC lol.
    Congrats on the goal, I have been out less this year than any other in the last 25. Heck 3 years ago I camped 40 nights in 1 summer.
    98 Super Jet B Pipe
    02 RX DI PPG Level 1
    02 GTX DI (wife)

Quote Originally Posted by sea-dude
    I was part of the 50 before 18 club but it had nothing to do with PWC lol.
    Congrats on the goal, I have been out less this year than any other in the last 25. Heck 3 years ago I camped 40 nights in 1 summer.
    I only count days of riding. When I was out on the houseboat for a week there was multiple rides per day that I counted as a day of riding.

Other things you can do more than once a day especially when you are 18. This is a family site so we should stop before going any further.

50 X 7 gallons of gas = BIG Banana's !!!

looks like wed might be good to get wet ???

gorilla

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla
    50 X 7 gallons of gas = BIG Banana's !!!

looks like wed might be good to get wet ???

gorilla
    I've been averaging about 3 to 4 gallons a ride. That 7 gallon day was like 24 miles at fairly high speed with dirty plugs. Only used 2 gals on Sunday but I was working on the stand up for the last 45 mins.

I assume you say Wednesday because of your schedule not the weather. We would get wet from the top side:
    Rain showers in the morning then thundershowers in the afternoon. High 57F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70%. Rainfall near a half an inch.

We don't have to be out for hours and hours. I have Wednesday open at this point and can avoid scheduling work if you want to go. Today I have to go kick some stuff and make some money.

i just got home from all night drive to seattle+back.

looks like today is going to clear up, but in need to count some "banana's-sleep" !!!

i should be up at around 1pm and see what shaking.

gorilla

Friday afternoon's forecast is starting to look pretty sweet.
    Friday forecast
    I have plans to go with a buddy. Who else is up to this?
    Last edited by rasper99; 10-04-2007 at 02:01 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information