Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Master of the Obvious Resident Guru burnem760's Avatar

Re: Are you getting soaked on your Aquatrax?

Aquatrax is a bit general is it an F or an R, I'm going to assume it's the F as it has a fairly wet ride. Definately not the wettest by far. One of the wetter modern ski's but nothing compared to say and SXR, hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by badzxi1100
    Have any of you out there find that you get extremly wet when rideing this machine? I've owned several other ski's and don't remeber getting this soaked. I've noticed that Hydro Turf has a splash guard, and im woundering if anybody has ever used one of these, and if so how does it work? Thanks

You too, I was thinking about the same thing, let me know if get one...
    SHUT UP AND RIDE...

http://www.livevideo.com/bp7000

...BRING THEM HOME...

After the boost controller, the best mod on the ski. Splashguard works great and is easy to install. The F is wetter than the R.

I have it, and use it, on my 2 and 3 seaters and you get the perfect amount of overspray. I did the ss screws idea; had my 12 yr old lil bro do the work while i directed; took about 2-3 hrs.

Closed Course Racers have it on theirs too, for the dumbazzes on here, because too much overspray is dangerous visibility issue at couch speeds.

I wont have it on my waveBlaster....the water doesn't interfere on the blaster because it's not going 60 mph.
    lots of ski's over the yrs..

Master of the Obvious Resident Guru burnem760's Avatar

Yeah they were used/are used on some top level race boats. But couch speeds is kind of assuming a lot, I know of at least 3 blasters that do over 60, and a bunch of HX's which is a soaker ride. And not to debate, because I have both but there are a number of SXR's running 60-65 mph easy too many to count not to mention the hydrospaces do those speeds with the upgrade kits. So to say that a couch needs it over another type of ski is kinda well....not a good arguement I have the splash deflector on my F and it works well, don't have it on any of my other 5 skis. I understand the comfort issue and its perfectly valid, you buy a luxury cruiser type ski's sometimes on flat water its nice to cruise and stay relatively dry.

Quote Originally Posted by dav_dman
    After the boost controller, the best mod on the ski. Splashguard works great and is easy to install. The F is wetter than the R.

I have it, and use it, on my 2 and 3 seaters and you get the perfect amount of overspray. I did the ss screws idea; had my 12 yr old lil bro do the work while i directed; took about 2-3 hrs.

Closed Course Racers have it on theirs too, for the dumbazzes on here, because too much overspray is dangerous visibility issue at couch speeds.

I wont have it on my waveBlaster....the water doesn't interfere on the blaster because it's not going 60 mph.

i have a jettrim splash guard on an f-12x and it works great.stops about 80%

Someone asks a question and all the kiddies come out of the woodwork to attack him with stupid remarks!! I'll bet a good number of the "children" never even rode a Honda "F". If they did, and they think it offerrs a dry ride...it is probably the only ski they ever rode ! Not counting standups or Blasters, the Honda F-12 is the WETTEST ski ever made !! Bar none. Riding in any amount of chop is a blinding experience, regardless of the eye protection worn. Splash guards help, but nothing is a cure all for this ill designed hull. On the other hand, the R-12 offers a much dryer ride.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by dav_dman
    for the dumbazzes on here, because too much overspray is dangerous visibility issue at couch speeds.
    Perfectly said, especially the part about dumbazzes!

Lord knows you don't want go get your skirt wet while riding.

I used to have an F-12X, and even in heavy chop it wasn't that wet. I could see it being an issue in racing, but how many people here actually run buoys on theirs?
    1991 Yamaha Superjet 701 - The Standup
    1995 Yamaha WaveBlaster - The Couch
    2003 Subaru WRX - The Tow Rig/Rally Beater

I've done some stuff I'm not proud of, and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting.

you get wetter on the f(3-seater), than on the r(2-seater). if you don't want to get splashed, then i suggest getting the splash guard.
    2004 R-12X- MACS BOOST MODULE / MACS INTERCOOLER / SOLAS 17/29 / PUMP WEDGE / UNI AIR FILTER / AUTOMETER BOOST GUAGE/ BLOW OFF VALVE / GATOR GRIP MATS / HYDRO-TURF SEAT COVER.

!!!! STOCK SUCKS !!!!

Yes it is wet. And yes I do like it nice and wet. Isn't that half the fun?
    05 R12 Blue

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information