Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

96 zxi 1100 extended nozzle

hey guys,
    i just extended my nozzle this is my second attempt on the first one i used a 3" pvc pipe and fitted it inside the nozzle and secure it with nuts and bolts it was almost 4 inches long and it did the trick as far as helping with purpoising but the steering was horrible and top speed was only 35 to 40.

so this time i match the size of the nozzle and only extended it 1 7/8 ". i am taking tomorrow off so i can go to the lake and test it. based on how much differece with purpoising the first one did i think this is going to work awesome.

I will post results tomorrow.

peace
    Ride it like you STOLE it!

Wave-man!
    ------------------------
    98 GSX LTD
    96 ZXI 1100

Frequent Poster

Re: 96 zxi 1100 extended nozzle

nice, post your thoughts on it, and post a couple pics if you could please....
    CERTIFIED NISSAN TECHNICIAN

Okay so i took the bike out and it ran good much more responsive but it lacked top speed and power (45 MPH on the speedo) , so i pulled it out of the water and cut the extension to one inch (it was almost two) i also got my dremell tool and smooth out the inside of the pipe that connected to the nozzle, so that it was the same dimension as the nozzle (it was about 1/8 of an inch smaller) i took it back out today and to my surprise it runs like a bat out of H**L the speedo show 63 at 7600 RPM and i am a big guy, without the extenstion the fatest i ever got it was between 55 and 60 in addition the steering is much more responsive and cant feel the jet drag like i did with the 2 inch extention.

as far as purpoising it did help a little bit with the trim all the way up seems to work best specially when going at WOT, it also affected how the VTS work the up position will really make it jump out of the hole now and the down makes the nose dive in more, wich did not work that good before.

so all in all i am very happy with the nozzle extension and can wait to put in the worx sponsons next year. the more i ride it the more i like it, i think i am starting to like it better than my 98 seadoo gsxltd.

I hope the pictures work, keep in mind that the pictures show the 2 inch extension i have reduce it to 1 inch since then.

peace.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wave-man!
    ------------------------
    98 GSX LTD
    96 ZXI 1100

Frequent Poster

oh, i am definately doing this....i even have all the materials at home....i may even do this for labor day weekend, since im going to be out on the ski alot.

Nice work, but I think that those screws will produce more turbulence than the advantage of the extended nozzle.
    The screws should have the head in the outer side and no invasion into the inner diameter.
    Besides, It seems that the PVC tube inner diameter is smaller than the nozzle inner diameter. It should be of the same diameter to avoid turbulence.
    All this will reduce performance.

You should replace the hexagon headed screws by rounf headed screws at least and avoid the washer.
    Eduardo

I totally agree with the bolt heads and the potential drag they can create, i am going to replaced them with round head bolts. as far as the inside diameter i already sand it down to match the nozzle.

i had it out today all day and ran great i had it up to 63 and my cousin had it up between 65 and 70 ( he is a small guy) ohh and you can really tell that the VTS is working now.

I Highly recommend this mod it is cheap and effortles.

Good luck!

Wave-man!
    ------------------------
    98 GSX LTD
    96 ZXI 1100

PWCToday Guru

You could probably use a countersink bit on the inside of the nozzle and install a countersunk bolt with a phillips head and put the nut on the outside.
    You may have to borrow a 90 degree drill from someone to countersink the hole, but from what I have been reading it would make a big difference. Then you could probably go back to the original plan and use a 2" extension to reduce the porpoising.

If I ever get my ski to run again, I'm gonna take my nozzel to the local fab shop and have them weld the proper ID tube on.

Frequent Poster

Quote Originally Posted by nbaldeon
    I totally agree with the bolt heads and the potential drag they can create, i am going to replaced them with round head bolts. as far as the inside diameter i already sand it down to match the nozzle.

i had it out today all day and ran great i had it up to 63 and my cousin had it up between 65 and 70 ( he is a small guy) ohh and you can really tell that the VTS is working now.

I Highly recommend this mod it is cheap and effortles.

Good luck!
    if you get a chance, can you post up the modified pics.....

i want to see how you sanded the pcv pipe down, and how it matches up to the nozzle now.

thanks.

PWCToday Regular

Are aftermarket extended nozzles not available for the 1100ZXi?
    I wouldn't mind saving money and making one if it would work, but would like to see how much an aftermarket one costs - if I knew where I could get one............

I dont think they are available, but i dont know for sure. I will take pictures of the final product today and post them. but i am also going to buy another PVC coupler (2 inch) and make sure the inside diameter is the same as the nozzle and use roudn head bolts.

someone suggested using the 2 inch as it should take care of the purpoising as well as making the VTS even better.

I will let you all know.

Wave-man!
    ------------------------
    98 GSX LTD
    96 ZXI 1100

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information