Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Yamabooeey's Avatar

Re: Hit And Run by Fountian Boat Fatal To Havasu Stand-Up Rider

Quote Originally Posted by LisaLisa View Post
    Very sad news from Zach/Turbo-Spun...I've done an internet search and not come up with much, just a small article in the Havasu Times - but the accident report is legit. Please keep your eyes peeled.

Thanks,
    Lisa

Last week a Stand-up jet skier was killed on Havasu up by topock. He was run over by a 30' Fountian boat. This was a hit and run, and there is a search for the fountian. There is more info at the link.

http://www.hotboat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160205

The riders young son was there and saw the accident. The fountian may be anywhere in the southwest US or california. The description is in the link along with some pics.

From the Havasu newspaper:

Police search for boat after fatal collision

Thursday, August 9, 2007 8:55 PM MST

A man was killed Thursday after being struck by a boat near Topock Marina, the area's second water-related death this week.

The man, whose identity was not released, was riding a personal watercraft, said Sgt. Tim Smith of the San Bernardino County Sheriff's office. The collision happened around 3:30 p.m.

Authorities were still searching Thursday night for the boat involved in the crash.

It was described as a 30-foot Fountain boat with red and black checkering on its side, Smith said. It was last seen headed south toward Lake Havasu.

Sara Margiotta, 10, of Temecula, Calif., died Saturday in a two-boat collision about a half-mile south of the Interstate 40 bridge. Four others were injured in the crash but survived.

And a little more info from the Tri-State news....

The Tri-State News story has a couple more details:

- the word Fountain "imposed" over a black and red checkered pattern
    - a man and a woman were aboard the Fountain

- guy that was killed was on a stand-up PWC

Here's that story:

Man Killed In Boating Hit And Run
    TOPOCK, AZ - A fatal collision on the Colorado River near the Interstate 40 bridge occurred yesterday afternoon and investigators are looking for two people who left the scene of the accident. San Bernardino County Sheriff's Office Sergeant Tim Smith said a large boat struck and killed a man who was riding a stand-up personal watercraft near the Topock Marina. Smith said that a man and woman were aboard a large boat that hit the unidentified man, then left the scene.

The SBCSO is looking for a 30-foot craft with the word "Fountain" imposed over a black and red checkered pattern on both sides of the fiberglass hull.
    Anyone with information about the boat, it's location or it's owners is asked to call the SBCSO at (706) 326-9200 or (760) 326-9213.
    This thread was started in 2007. (8 years ago) With this much description, I would think they got who they were after. Havasu is not a very big town and someone would know that boat.
    Thanks to

Optima Racing
    C57 Racing Products
    NorCal Watersports
    Newmiller Machines
    Boyko Racing
    Fly Racing
    Jettribe
    Impros
    Jettrim
    Traci Cottle Photography
    Greg Barnhart Photography
    Rhaas Products
    Rad Dudes
    DJSA Racing
    Serano Tile/Stone

Well if it's any consolation at all, That maggot is going to jump everytime the door bell rings , or there is a loud knock, or when a cop car drives by. He will think about it everyday of his life. Had a friend that did something terrible. He lived 3 years with the guilt until he turned himself in. he got 2 years in prison and says now it was the only salvation he could have had.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home tshank123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yamabooeey View Post
    This thread was started in 2007. (8 years ago) With this much description, I would think they got who they were after. Havasu is not a very big town and someone would know that boat.
    This happened up near Topock though. Thats quite a ways up river from Havasu. A big boat like that could of hauled @ss down to Havasu, had his boat out of the water, and been on his way to anywhere in the Southwest he might of come from. I think its easy to see how he could of just disappeared, but I've always felt that if the cops gave enough of a sh!t, they could of solved this case back when it originally happened. It may not be first degree, but I consider it a form of murder, and if the case had been treated that way it would have been solved.
    FN Wealth Management - http://www.fnwealth.net/
    High Speed Industries - TBA
    RIVA Motorsports - http://rivaracing.com/
    Competitive Crankshafts - http://competitivecrankshafts.com/

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Scottie Mac's Avatar

I know it would drive me insane. I don't like it when I hit a squirrel.

SM
    Those who have done the least in the sport are always the ones with the most to say.

Best career accomplishment: Fatherhood

Proud Member of TEAM TFP!

Support those who support the sport!!!
    JAM Racing
    Judge Motorsports
    www.hotproductsusa.com
    www.optimaracing.com
    www.nynjapwc.com
    Judge Motorsports
    www.raddudesfi.com
    ProWatercraftracing.com
    www.ipdjetskigraphics.com
    ADA Racing
    Monster Motorsports
    A&R Performance

Mmm........ a pizza sounds good right about now!

PWCToday Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Yamabooeey View Post
    Since Face book is so popular, Maybe get as many people located in the area to post the details of this, someone has to know this boat.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread Information