Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home LisaLisa's Avatar

Hit And Run by Fountian Boat Fatal To Havasu Stand-Up Rider

Very sad news from Zach/Turbo-Spun...I've done an internet search and not come up with much, just a small article in the Havasu Times - but the accident report is legit. Please keep your eyes peeled.

Thanks,
    Lisa

Last week a Stand-up jet skier was killed on Havasu up by topock. He was run over by a 30' Fountian boat. This was a hit and run, and there is a search for the fountian. There is more info at the link.

http://www.hotboat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160205

The riders young son was there and saw the accident. The fountian may be anywhere in the southwest US or california. The description is in the link along with some pics.

From the Havasu newspaper:

Police search for boat after fatal collision

Thursday, August 9, 2007 8:55 PM MST

A man was killed Thursday after being struck by a boat near Topock Marina, the area's second water-related death this week.

The man, whose identity was not released, was riding a personal watercraft, said Sgt. Tim Smith of the San Bernardino County Sheriff's office. The collision happened around 3:30 p.m.

Authorities were still searching Thursday night for the boat involved in the crash.

It was described as a 30-foot Fountain boat with red and black checkering on its side, Smith said. It was last seen headed south toward Lake Havasu.

Sara Margiotta, 10, of Temecula, Calif., died Saturday in a two-boat collision about a half-mile south of the Interstate 40 bridge. Four others were injured in the crash but survived.

And a little more info from the Tri-State news....

The Tri-State News story has a couple more details:

- the word Fountain "imposed" over a black and red checkered pattern
    - a man and a woman were aboard the Fountain
    - guy that was killed was on a stand-up PWC

Here's that story:

Man Killed In Boating Hit And Run
    TOPOCK, AZ - A fatal collision on the Colorado River near the Interstate 40 bridge occurred yesterday afternoon and investigators are looking for two people who left the scene of the accident. San Bernardino County Sheriff's Office Sergeant Tim Smith said a large boat struck and killed a man who was riding a stand-up personal watercraft near the Topock Marina. Smith said that a man and woman were aboard a large boat that hit the unidentified man, then left the scene.

The SBCSO is looking for a 30-foot craft with the word "Fountain" imposed over a black and red checkered pattern on both sides of the fiberglass hull.
    Anyone with information about the boat, it's location or it's owners is asked to call the SBCSO at (706) 326-9200 or (760) 326-9213.

Piggyback rides are my preferred mode of transportation

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Re: Hit And Run by Fountian Boat Fatal To Havasu Stand-Up Rider

Very sad indeed.

My guess is he was drunk leaving the bar at Topock. Didnt see the guy under the bridge near all the pylons. Decided he didnt want to go to jail for a long time and kicked rocks. Now its pretty hard to hide a boat of that size. He will probably come to his senses especially after this gets more attention and turn himself in with some kind of "I didnt even see him excuse". He will get way less jailtime if any. So sad.

I did see a older Fountain for sale on Craigslist about a month ago that fixed tha desription. Maybe a new boater. It was for sale in Havasu.
    Last edited by willycrumb; 08-15-2007 at 08:07 PM.

Grand Poo-Bah, EH Team Racing I dream skis RobbieBorycki's Avatar

That is Horrible, The Eh Team wishes them all the best.
    Gimpin

Alot of people are seriously looking for this guy. He plowed over the stand up rider, stopped, looked back, and sped off. The Stand up rider's son along with a few other people witnessed the collision. The son had to be put in foster care for a while, luckly his mother was found and he was reunited. This was the same spot where a 10 year old girl was killed 4 days before by a drunk boater. If anybody knows or sees this boat please call the proper authorities.

Thanks from Havasu.

-Zack

what a tragedy, pathetic on the boaters part, drunk or sober, you still killed someone.

good luck finding this boat
    +++WAKE SNAKES+++ coming soon...killer stuff for the PWC world

93 750SX - 0 Degree UMI's, ODI Ruffian Grips, Black Blowsion Finger Throttle, Digger Footwells /w Black and Purple Mat kit, WW Freestyle cone, 800GPH Bilge, 13/18 SXR prop, Shortened quick steer plate, solas scoop grate Newly rebuilt 750 engine (ported by RAS motorsports), ADA Girdled Head, billet crank, dual 44 Mikunis, V force reeds, R+D Intake, RAD Flywheel and the Factory Wetpipe

wow makes me glad the lake I ride isn't deep enough for boats of that size I really feel bad for this Family lost a father/son/husband

wow that sucks, you are pathetic to hit someone just alone kill someone and just keep on keepin on. thats sad on the familys side
    try seadoo, you'll like it

2 1997 xp's just for the fun , 1 1998 xpl to race and 1 1994 spi evrything is ported also to race

very sad news , i hope they get the guy very soon .

I feel very sorry for the child who had to witness his father's death. I hope for his sake that his father's killer is found. There is no excuse for not stopping. What a sad day for the Havasu community.
    SAC Racing
    2010 R5 Water X Racing - Rider of the Year

2011 R5 Water X Racing Beer Pong Tournament Co-Champion

Amazing....I just read that entire thread on Hotboat and still no signs of that boat. I really hope they catch them soon and bring them to justice however, there is no amount of justice that can bring that boys father back. Our prayers and thoughts go out to the boy and to the rest of his family.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information