Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

Frequent Poster

Air / Fuel Separator

Hello,

I've been looking into getting a Group K Separator for a while for my 99 GP 1200. It will bog down on hard turns once gas gets below 1/2 tank. It is a fairly modified ski that is currently running Full Spectrum 48's. I've got a dual fuel setup using the reserve and an in line restrictor installed also, but it still bogs. I was wondering if it is possible to setup the Group K Separator with the 3 pumps currently on the carbs? I assume I would have to tap some more connections onto the separator, but my main concern was how to route the return line...

Tech Guru resident guru

Re: Air / Fuel Separator

Our current seperator chambers are made with two inputs, but creating a custom unit with 3 inputs is no problem ... $65 for the kit with no fuel pump(s).

Respectfully, Harry Klemm

Quote Originally Posted by rob.bain
    Hello,

I've been looking into getting a Group K Separator for a while for my 99 GP 1200. It will bog down on hard turns once gas gets below 1/2 tank. It is a fairly modified ski that is currently running Full Spectrum 48's. I've got a dual fuel setup using the reserve and an in line restrictor installed also, but it still bogs. I was wondering if it is possible to setup the Group K Separator with the 3 pumps currently on the carbs? I assume I would have to tap some more connections onto the separator, but my main concern was how to route the return line...
    Unless otherwise stated, responses to all forum posts are based on my personal experiences working within the PWC industry, and developing high performance PWCs since 1987.

www.groupk.com

Frequent Poster

Would I set it up like this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tech Guru resident guru

It looks fine.... except the 18gph remote fuel pump needs to be between the filters and the carb input.

Respectfully, Harry Klemm

Would I set it up like this?
    Last edited by Group K; 08-03-2007 at 04:26 PM.
    Unless otherwise stated, responses to all forum posts are based on my personal experiences working within the PWC industry, and developing high performance PWCs since 1987.

www.groupk.com

Frequent Poster

Hi Harry,

I want to set it up without using the remote pump, and instead use the existing 3 pumps built into the carbs. Is that possible and would I route it just like the diagram above?

Thank you,
    Rob
    Last edited by rob.bain; 08-06-2007 at 01:06 PM.

Tech Guru resident guru

The seperator "cannot" function with the carb mounted pumps ... it "mandates" the use of a remote pump ..... sadly, that's just the way it is.

Harry

Hi Harry,

I want to set it up without using the remote pump, and instead use the existing 3 pumps built into the carbs. Is that possible and would I route it just like the diagram above?

Thank you,
    Rob

www.groupk.com

Thread Information