Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

'06 FX Cruiser HO warning light?

is the warning light tied to some maintenance reminder? I ask because today just outside of Ventura harbor on my return ride from Santa Barbara the warning started flashing. So I turned off and checked the intake grate to make sure I hadn't hit any kelp. That was fine and the oil was full when I left so I doubt that was it. I rode it in figuring maybe it was a 10 hour service thing or something.

p.s - since I'll be doing the 10 hour service, anyone know the list of things needing to be done? so far I know of:

Oil/filter change
    tighten up the steering, throttle, QSTS etc. cables.
    lube the cables
    fill the intermediary housing with grease

anything else?
    2006 Yamaha FX Cruiser HO
    2005 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition V8

Re: '06 FX Cruiser HO warning light?

Quote Originally Posted by Techenigma
    is the warning light tied to some maintenance reminder? I ask because today just outside of Ventura harbor on my return ride from Santa Barbara the warning started flashing. So I turned off and checked the intake grate to make sure I hadn't hit any kelp. That was fine and the oil was full when I left so I doubt that was it. I rode it in figuring maybe it was a 10 hour service thing or something.

p.s - since I'll be doing the 10 hour service, anyone know the list of things needing to be done? so far I know of:

Oil/filter change
    tighten up the steering, throttle, QSTS etc. cables.
    lube the cables
    fill the intermediary housing with grease

anything else?
    I'd like to know about the 10 hr service also since I'll be doing it myself on my 07 FXHO

PWCToday Regular

I just did the 10 hour service myself. Between the shop manual and RiverDad's writeup it was pretty easy. RiverDad also suggested pulling spark plugs checking and coating threads with anti-seize. Well worth your time to search tread and read his comments.
    1997 SeaDoo Speedster (14' Jet Boat)
    2007 Yamaha FX HO Cruiser

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Depends on what specific warning light came on, there are a few little icons
    that can flash giving an indication of what the 'ski thinks the problem is, overheating, oil pressure, battery, or low on fuel, etc. You were right, a seaweed clog is the first and most likely cause, you clear it out and then wait a couple minutes for the code to reset before starting up again and it should clear up. Did it come on again the next time you restarted (like when you flushed your 'ski at home), or did the problem seem to have cleared?

richforman

I would check for a code...

Start the engine or hit the start button briefly to excite the display.

Press the select switch
    for 8 seconds and check the error code indicated on the multifunction meter.

Here is a summary of the codes...
    Code Symptom
    01 Normal
    13 Pickup coil malfunction
    15 Engine temperature sensor malfunction
    18 Throttle position sensor malfunction
    19 Incorrect battery voltage
    23 Intake air temperature sensor malfunction
    24 Cam position sensor malfunction
    29 Intake air pressure sensor malfunction
    47 Slant detection switch malfunction
    48 Incorrect data transmission
    54 Bypass valve motor malfunction
    55 Steering switch malfunction
    63 Intake air system malfunction

Frank

Full Wave Marine
    Http://www.fullwavemarine.com

Yamaha FXHO Cruiser, Riva Ride plate, Riva Intake Grate, Riva Free Flow Exhaust, R&D trumpets and Free Flow Filter, Riva PPK, Dynafly 14/20, R&D Steering Nozzle, LED Navigation Lights, Garmin GPS, Hawke Eye depth finder, Jetski Brake Light, Yamaha Rooster Tail Cut of Valve, Digital Temp Gauge with Audible Alarm, PWC Easy Anchoring System, PWC Waterproof Horn,

PWCToday Newbie

well the ski was low on fuel at the time. I was probably 5 miles out of the harbor coming back when the two fuel bars started blinking along with the fuel logo. I was just coming back in the harbor when the red warning light came on. So I shut it down then and checked the intake, nothing there so I thought it was could have been programmed as like a 10 maintenance thing, but now it could just be because it was very low on fuel.

also when you say press the select button? which do you mean? on the right side there is mode reset, and start/stop

in response to richforman: the light is still on. It was on when I flushed yesterday, and came on when I just started it to check just now.
    Last edited by Techenigma; 07-12-2007 at 01:08 PM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

You haven't put more gas in right? Dude I think we have successfully troubleshot your problem!

richforman

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by richforman
    You haven't put more gas in right? Dude I think we have successfully troubleshot your problem!

richforman
    yah I thought yesterday it might have been because of the low fuel. just confirmed it by checking the error code and getting an 01. so its just low fuel.

awesomes.

PWCToday Regular

If you were riding 5 miles from harbor with that little juice left, it's not a little problem. The FX series has a huge idiot factor built into the fuel gauge but you were at its limit. The thing has an 18.5 gallon tank - spring for some gas & don't put yourself in that situation. Somebody else will have to blow their day (or nite) coming to get you one day.

PWCToday Newbie

I started the day with a full tank... I had ridden to another harbor some 25 miles away and was on the return trip when the fuel started blinking. So I had to continue no matter what since they don't put fuel pumps in the middle of the ocean. I also hadn't anticipated using that much fuel since I had done the same trip 2 days earlier but this time neglected to take the added weight of my passenger into the mix.

I eyeballed the fuel tank when I got back and had maybe 2 gallons left. I wasn't in absolute danger of running dry. Though I'll definetely keep a watchful eye in the future.
    Last edited by Techenigma; 07-14-2007 at 12:21 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information