User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Oil Additive SFR Friction Reducer

I have used "SFR" oil additive in my auto's and its a great friction reducer. you add 1 oz per qt of oil. Has anyone used a product like this or like prolong engine oil additive in there honda. I called the SFR corp today and they said yes it can be run in any gas running engine. There site is www.sfrcorp.com for reference. I have seen the 4 ball test on it, and its amazin stuff. I would like to use it for that added protection. More protection the better.
    2005 Aquatrax F-12X
    2001 GTX Seadoo
    McAlester, Ok

I dream skis

Re: Oil Additive SFR Friction Reducer

This companies products have been discussed on BITOG's (Bob is the oil guy) forum a few different times over the last 5 or 6 years.) You can go there to get some history and facts on the chemical compounds and formulations they use. It's pretty expensive stuff for what you get.

I've owned Honda's since 02; change oil semi-annually and run analysis on each batch from both PWC every time I drain them. I've done a lot of tests. A few things stand out. 1- Changes Honda made to A/F ratios and the best approach to ensure lubricity with the earlier model years, 2- synthetic oils can generally be grouped into two catagories (with respect to additive formulations used, and to some degree base stocks), 3- there are superior synthetic oils out there that don't work well with Honda's that do great in other PWC manufacturers e.g. Yamaha engines (that was surprising), 4- you can do more damage than good mixing additives and 5-you can pick up additives cheaply ($2 / dose on a product normally costing $7 retail) that will reduce wear and friction when using e.g. Amsoil and Mobil in Aquatrax, but it will cost 7 times that for addtives that will yield same or similar improvements when using the very best group V synthetics (that cost more to begin with.) I chose to run additives; for performance reasons. I don't do it because I'm concerned about wear and many would question the economics right from the get go.

I say run a high quality synthetic oil. Whatever brand you choose. As far as oil additives go, if they were that good the oil manufacuture would add it to their oil to begin with. Manufactures also say to not run oil additives. Just use a high quality synthetic oil that meets the manufacture specs and you are good. JMO
    Save up to 30% by becoming an AMSOIL Preferred Customer

Prices listed are Retail. E-mail or Call me for a price quote.
    http://www.TrySyntheticOil.com
    Kevin Stubaus AMSOIL Dealer for over 20 years
    Kevin@TrySyntheticOil.com
    1-800-AMSOIL-4U (267-6454)

Yamaha 2001 GP1200R W/RXPX Engine in it
    Polaris 785 Pro Super Stock
    2000 Polaris Pro 1200 Super Stock
    Kawi 550 Mod, Stroker Reed Motor

I dream skis

Additives are used by every oil company. High quality synthetics are loaded with them. Additives are one way oil companies differentiate their products; base stocks are the other (discounting marketing and cost.) And you shouldn't rule out conventional or blended oils; there are some great ones out there that are very economical and would work great in Aquatrax.

Thread Information