Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Re: The (socal) Trailer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pirate33
    The only thing that bugs me about the LED's is that on both of my Suburbans the 3rd brake light had failure of some of the LED's within the light strip-maybe its anger transmitted from the pretty pirate princess to the LED lights during driving that causes the failure?
    OMG Pirate, you knocked me clean off my chair with that one!!! Way too funny and possibly true.

On a more serious note, I would like to hear what your fleet mechanics have to say about LED lights.
    2003 F-12 - Riva splash guard, Boarding step
    2003 R-12X - Macsboost #53 + Intercooler, Solas 17/29, Boarding step
    SoCal Watercraft Club member
    SoCal Club Website
    SoCal Club News & Info
    AWA Member since 2003

resident guru

I just wanted to share some news about Zieman.

My coworker has a 3-year old, single place Zieman trailer for his Yamaha. He noticed some cracks in the frame near the area where the leaf springs are bolted to the frame. When he told me about the cracks he was worried that he was going to spend hundreds of dollars to get it fixed. I told him that Zieman is in uptown Whittier and that he should take it there to see if they can fix it for him. This morning he told me that Zieman stepped up and is going to fix it for free and if they can't they're going to replace his trailer.

Now that's customer service. Way to go Zieman.

I'm in the market for purchasing a new trailer. Can anyone give me some recommendations? I have my single GTX, plus I'd like to be able to mount a kayak as well. Is it ok to use a double trailer if you only have 1 PWC (loading only one wheel)? Thanks.

Frequent Poster

D - here's the one I use (for both skis):

http://www.trailrite.com/pwc-1.htm

They are out of Santa Ana, they can service it there, and they sell through local dealers; I got mine for about $950

Real small (they fit in my 3rd car small garage) and very stable.

Let me know if you want one and I'll get you in touch with my dealer.

Best, LB

Pirate,
    Last edited by So Cal Guardian1; 07-28-2007 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dauphan
    I'm in the market for purchasing a new trailer. Can anyone give me some recommendations? I have my single GTX, plus I'd like to be able to mount a kayak as well. Is it ok to use a double trailer if you only have 1 PWC (loading only one wheel)? Thanks.
    Dauphan, shop around and when your done, go check out Berts MegaMall. They have a lot of good used trailers at the back. That's where I got mine. Go for galvanize, you can't go wrong. my galvanized trailer for my RXP only cost me $300.00 out the door tax included. That was year 2004 when I bought my RXP. hope this helps. if you want to carry a Kayak, I can design you one that will mount on your ski trailer. No welding, just bolt on. Don't buy a tandem trailer if you are only going to have 1 ski. What kind of Kayak you have in mind? single or tandem? I got the Cobra tandem...see pics. attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Frequent Poster

Dude I'm calling you Jammer Beyond Thunderdome now!

All you gotta do now is grow a psyco mohawk and you will be ready for World War III....

That is insane? How long was this trip? I'm going with you when the nukes start dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by Baba Booey on 6-26-07
    I had my LED's on for two rides and they were not water tight and went bad after the second launch...
    Come to find out, after I re-wired the trailer, the LED's started working again.
    Last edited by baba booey; 07-28-2007 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by So Cal Guardian1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dauphan
    Dauphan, shop around and when your done, go check out Berts MegaMall. They have a lot of good used trailers at the back. That's where I got mine. Go for galvanize, you can't go wrong. my galvanized trailer for my RXP only cost me $300.00 out the door tax included. That was year 2004 when I bought my RXP. hope this helps. if you want to carry a Kayak, I can design you one that will mount on your ski trailer. No welding, just bolt on. Don't buy a tandem trailer if you are only going to have 1 ski. What kind of Kayak you have in mind? single or tandem? I got the Cobra tandem...see pics. attached.
    Wow SCG1. That is some outfit you have . My brother has a Hobie Outback. Single seat. It's nice and has the foot peddles and a sail. The foot peddles are really nice, but I like the speed and range of the PWC more.

If you can find a way to mount a kayak on a 1 place PWC trailer - so I can still easily load and unload the PWC, that would be great. Do you have a link/location of Berts MegaMall? I'd really like something with a longer tongue so I don't have to get my wheels wet when backing in. I'd also like something with a storage box.

Quote Originally Posted by lordblack
    Dude I'm calling you Jammer Beyond Thunderdome now!

All you gotta do now is grow a psyco mohawk and you will be ready for World War III....

That is insane? How long was this trip? I'm going with you when the nukes start dropping.
    LOL. That was the day I decided to packed up and take a break from life. I took off to get away from it all. I went were nobody can follow me. There where no roads. I finally had a little peace and quite. It was nice. I woke up with sound of nature, birds chirping. I peek out of the tent and I have the whole lake view to myself. you should see the sleeping accomodations. It was the best time of my life. Snow didn't stop me. I kept on going.............
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by So Cal Guardian1; 07-29-2007 at 06:00 AM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information