Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849

Thread: Sh!t Happens

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home tshank123's Avatar

Re: Sh!t Happens

I guess summer has officially started. Its sad that this story has to repeat itself so often. Tell you what though, you would be posting 2 of these stories from the weekend if I didn't go riding on Friday.
    FN Wealth Management - http://www.fnwealth.net/
    High Speed Industries - TBA
    RIVA Motorsports - http://rivaracing.com/
    Competitive Crankshafts - http://competitivecrankshafts.com/

Attention ***** PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JonnyX2's Avatar

Colorado Springs-based plane makes belly-landing on a Lake Mead beach

A small plane carrying four people made an emergency landing Monday morning, narrowly missing two portable bathrooms at a Lake Mead beach, according to officials.

Clark County firefighters and National Park Service rangers responded just before 5:30 a.m. to the beach near U.S. Highway 93 and Lake Shore Drive, about 5 miles west of Hoover Dam, according to Clark County’s emergency dispatch.

The six-seat Piper Saratoga left the North Las Vegas airport just before 5 a.m. Monday and was headed for El Paso, Texas, airport spokesman Chris Jones said.

The name of the pilot and passengers has not been released. According to a Federal Aviation Administration online database, the plane is registered to Dr. Harry Silsby of Colorado Springs, Co.

Lake Mead officials received a call at 5:18 a.m. reporting a plane had landed at Special Events Beach, near Boulder Beach, the park service said.

The male pilot and three women on board suffered scrapes and bruises, Jones said. Two of the passengers were treated at the scene for minor injuries; no one was taken to the hospital, the park service said.

The women, from the El Paso area, had spent the weekend in Las Vegas and were being flown home when the plane’s engine failed over mountains along the eastern side of Boulder Basin, the release said.

The passengers told officials the pilot circled back toward Boulder City and glided to a wheels-up landing on the beach. The extent of damage to the 1979 Piper PA-32P-301 is unknown. No park facilities were damaged.

Special Events Beach is temporarily closed until the plane is removed. The Federal Aviation Administration, National Transportation Safety Board and the Park Service are investigating.

Fire department and park service officials were not immediately available for comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird A/C&Heating View Post
    OMG.....Rules for 550 vintage ski class...550 ski riders do not conform to any kind of rules. That is why you are riding a 550 ski in the first place. Rules suck....
    PS...the rule book will be in my 550 pump
    Quote Originally Posted by WB1994
    Listen , stop your cryin' , its only an X2.

This whole plane wreck was going down right when I was headed down the hill from Boulder City Monday morning around 5:45 am. There were all kinds of police and fire rescue headed that way. I didn't know what was going on. Now I do. I'm glad everyone in the crash was OK.
    2017 Kawasaki SXR 1500
    2013 Yamaha Super Jet-HighSpeed Industries Limited
    2011 Kawasaki SXR 800

We're #1 !! We're #1 !!

Lake Mead named deadliest national park in America

Video + Full Story

Lake Mead National Recreation Area has been named the deadliest park in America.

Outside magazine published its list of the 10 most deadly national parks on March 1. They pulled records from January 2006 to September 2016 on where, how, and why park visitors are dying.

According to their research, there were more than 1,000 deaths, excluding suicides, over the past decade in the most deadly parks.

The number one cause of death overall is drowning. The other top two are motor vehicle crashes and slips or falls.

Lake Mead topped the list with an average of 25 deaths per year. The most dangerous feature of the park is the lake. 254 people have died in the park over the last decade. 15 people have died in the park this year. The park also has the most homicides of any national park. There have been 6 in the last 10 years.

Lake Mead is the third most visited park on the list with 7 million visitors annually. Although the park is mostly land, most people visit it for the lake.

Yosemite National Park (150 deaths) and Grand Canyon National Park (130 deaths) rounded out the top three. Here is the complete list:

1. Lake Mead National Recreational Park
    2. Yosemite National Park
    3. Grand Canyon National Park
    4. Yellowstone National Park
    5. Golden Gate National Recreation Park
    6. Glen Canyon National Recreation Area
    7. Denali National Park and Preserve
    8. Great Smoky Mountains National Park
    9. Grand Teton National Park
    10. Natchez Trace Parkway
    OMG.....Rules for 550 vintage ski class...550 ski riders do not conform to any kind of rules. That is why you are riding a 550 ski in the first place. Rules suck....

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home hellcat66's Avatar

very interesting....in never knew mead was the chicago of national parks! does trump know this stat?

Teen who died at Lake Mead wasn't wearing life jacket, friends shocked about his death

Boulder City - A teen's drowning death at Lake Mead on Sunday marks the first death at the lake this year. The teen has been identified as 17-year-old Marshaun Jackson of Henderson.

He went swimming in Boulder Harbor Sunday. Metro's dive team recovered his body hours later.

Jackson attended Basic High School.

"It's really sad. I'm actually really sad cause I just found out like just now," said Ambria McTosh, a friend of Jackson.

Friends of the teen described him as a jokester who liked to make everyone laugh.

"He was like that funny dude. Everybody like him; nobody disliked him. He was really cool," said McTosh.

The teen's friends are in shock over his death.

"It's just kind of weird to see him just like gone -- out of nowhere," said Gabrielle Collins, a friend of Jackson. "He was a good kid."

A GoFundMe account has been set up to help pay for Jackson's burial.

According to Park Rangers at Lake Mead, the teen was swimming with a group of friends at Boulder Harbor when he was submerged under water and never came back up.

Lake Mead Park Ranger Phillip Welch, was on duty Sunday evening when he was called out to look for the missing teen.

"We responded to bystanders in the water looking for what we believe to be a swimmer in distress," said Phillip Welch, a Lake Mead Park Ranger.

Ranger Welch says Jackson wasn't wearing a life jacket and was swimming in a prohibited area near a boat launching ramp.

"It's a very sad event," Ranger Welch said.

Lake Mead Park Rangers said they're on high alert as we head into the busy summer season.

"We just stressed that everybody is as safe as possible when they're here so they can enjoy Lake Mead," according to Ranger Welch.

Ranger Welch issued the following warning to the between 100,000 and 300,000 people expected at Lake Mead during the Memorial Day weekend.

"Just making sure they understand their limitations and they understand the rules of the park and when in doubt just wear a life jacket," Welch said.

The three-day holiday also kicks off 101 days of summer when park rangers team up with other agencies to spread safety information such as wearing a life jacket, which could have potentially saved Jackson's life.

Last year, seven swimmers drowned at Lake Mead.

While it's not required for adults, park rangers advise everyone to wear a life jacket, even experienced swimmers.

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849

Thread Information