User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: New to PWC's ? . . . . . . Come on in !

Launching:
    Install drain plugs
    Remove tie downs
    Disconnect lights
    Put fenders out
    Put lines out
    Stow gear and PFDs on PWC
    Install DESS key

Recovery and Trailering:
    Remove DESS key
    Stow PFDs and gear in car
    Remove drain plugs
    Tighten tie downs
    Attach chains (maybe already done, but I check anyway)
    Lock hitch clip (maybe already done, but I check anyway)
    Connect and check lights

These on a laminated card I keep clipped in the rear hatch of my car. Your key steps may vary.
    Last edited by kunzman; 07-18-2013 at 11:13 PM.
    Todd

2012 Sea Doo GTI 130

As far backing up, put your hand on bottom of steering wheel, 6 o'clock position. Move hand left and trailer goes left. Move hand right and trailer goes right.
    Todd

2012 Sea Doo GTI 130

PWCToday Newbie

I created a thread with the below post, but maybe I should have put it here:

Hi guys,

35 year old male here. About 5-8 years ago my father bought some older Sea Doos (around '99 models, I think). We enjoyed them for a few years, then he sold them.

We're getting back into the "lake life", and I'd like to buy 1-2 jet skis to enjoy, if not this year, than next year.

Some questions I have after looking around and doing some homework:

1. The models I rode "back in the day" were significantly shorter than what is offered new today. Sea Doo, for instance, has jet skis that are 132.6" or 139.2". My question is when did the shorter models stop being made, and what was their length?

2. Sea Doo is currently offering (for the next two days) a $750 rebate, and years 2 and 3 of warranty free of charge. That seams like a really, really good deal, but I don't have anything to compare it to. Those of you that have kept up with such things, can I expect something similar this time next year? What is likely for August? Something similar? Something better?

What I would like to do is find a decent machine in the shorter model, something back in the '99 or early 2000 model range, to pair with a newer, larger model. A funner machine with the shorter body. The problem is that I myself am not mechanically inclined, so when I go to look at older models, I really don't know what to look for, or what questions to ask. Any advice?

Also, what kind of maintenance can I expect on both an older and a newer machine. More specifically, what kind of costs are associated with winterizing a machine, and then again in the spring/summer, is there a cost to get it ready for the water? Does where I store the machine make a difference (inside/outside)?

I know I've asked a lot of questions, but I appreciate any help I can get. I'd like to be more active on this site, and hopefully will be going forward. It looks like a good place to increase my interest in pwc.

PWCToday Newbie

Looks like a good site, I'll be sure to read it when I can.

PWCToday Newbie

Thanks for the info.

PWCToday Newbie

Had 2 VX1100's for only a little over a month when a guest may or may not have totaled one. (bad fiberglass crack on the V of the hull) so have been looking for a replacement if it does total out. Looking at either a 2015 VX Cruiser which the local dealer is very high on , but I have been thinking about a 2013 VXR that is still new for the same price. Any thoughts? I liked the 2004 VX1100 but had wanted something slightly more sporty and just a little quicker . Havent ridden either so wondering if anyone has knowledge about both models and have any insight. The lake we use them on is just over 4000 acres and only about 10-14 ft deep with good coves, nothing huge or super choppy. Also even though we had teh 3 man PWCs we have a boat for tubing/skiing and only would ever ride 2 people at a time, 99% of the time would be a big 35 year old (me) and a 25 year old usually solo.

404 Dead link!

Quote Originally Posted by mailskier View Post
    your little animation was really good

for for everyone out there here is a website that you all may be interested in

its jetsmart safety handbook it is very informative the best i ever found

http://www.pwcsafetyschool.com/florida/toc.html

Quote Originally Posted by kunzman View Post
    As far backing up, put your hand on bottom of steering wheel, 6 o'clock position. Move hand left and trailer goes left. Move hand right and trailer goes right.
    Once its going straight don't move the wheel!

PWCToday Newbie

Thank you for sharing

Is it normal for the inside of the hull to be dry after riding? I've been reading to make sure you dry the inside really good after each ride but on my vx110 I've only found a minimum amount of water.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information