User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: New to PWC's ? . . . . . . Come on in !

Quote Originally Posted by bigkeenemusic.com
    Does anyone know if you can jump boat waves in NC,SC,GA area..
    Of course it says in your owners manual to never jump waves, but in the class i took it just says:
    Reckless & Careless Operation - You must operate a PWC in a reasonable and prudent manner. Anyone who operates a PWC or boat with a willful disregard for the safety of persons or property will be cited for reckless operation (a first-degree misdemeanor). All operators are responsible for operating their vessel in a reasonable and prudent manner with regard for other vessel traffic, posted restrictions, in the presence of a diver-down flag, and other circumstances so as to not endanger other people or property. Failure to do so is considered careless operation. Maneuvers which unreasonably or unnecessarily endanger life, limb or property are classified as reckless operation of a vessel (a first-degree misdemeanor) as provided in s.327.33(1). This includes, but is not limited to, a personal watercraft by weaving through congested vessel traffic, jumping the wake of another vessel unreasonably close, or when visibility around the vessel is obstructed, or swerving at the last possible moment to avoid collision. A violation of federal navigational rules is also a violation of Florida law.
    Last edited by Nole_Love13; 07-21-2008 at 02:32 AM.

Sorry that last post was florida law, heres georgia law. Honestly i would just do it while also being safe and respecting the boater and i dont think anyone will mess with you, but heres the links to the state laws in the states you were concerend with

http://www.pwcsafetyschool.com/georgia/hb_ga_state.html

http://www.pwcsafetyschool.com/south..._sc_state.html
    http://www.pwcsafetyschool.com/north..._nc_state.html

Unlawful and Dangerous Operation

Reckless operation of a boat or PWC is defined as, the disregard for the safety of persons or property. Examples of are:
    • Water skiing or dropping water skiers, wake boarders, tubers, etc. close to any swimmers, boat launch ramps or other boaters
    • Jumping the wake produced by another boat within 100 feet of that boat or 'buzzing' other boats or PWCs

PWCToday Newbie

Thanks guys for the info, I will definitly be using this for a reference. Just bought two 2008 SeaDoo GTX 215 and am really new to the sport. Cant wait for the break in period to end though!!

making sure honduh riders get their fair share of shizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Nole_Love13
    Sorry that last post was florida law, heres georgia law. Honestly i would just do it while also being safe and respecting the boater and i dont think anyone will mess with you, but heres the links to the state laws in the states you were concerend with

http://www.pwcsafetyschool.com/georgia/hb_ga_state.html

http://www.pwcsafetyschool.com/south..._sc_state.html
    http://www.pwcsafetyschool.com/north..._nc_state.html

Unlawful and Dangerous Operation

Reckless operation of a boat or PWC is defined as, the disregard for the safety of persons or property. Examples of are:
    • Water skiing or dropping water skiers, wake boarders, tubers, etc. close to any swimmers, boat launch ramps or other boaters
    • Jumping the wake produced by another boat within 100 feet of that boat or 'buzzing' other boats or PWCs
    i had a water-sherrif come up and YELL and POINT at me about jumping WAVES.... in the OCEAN..... close to NOBODY and around NOTHING...... just me and my SJ.

there were 5 of us out there, but he specifically went for me. obviously, the cop was a dyck, but even he knew who was getting the best air LOL

Fixin' To Get Slapped PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home skraggy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by morty gunty
    i had a water-sherrif come up and YELL and POINT at me about jumping WAVES.... in the OCEAN..... close to NOBODY and around NOTHING...... just me and my SJ.

there were 5 of us out there, but he specifically went for me. obviously, the cop was a dyck, but even he knew who was getting the best air LOL
    Thats because you are morty~gunty, the one and only...hahaha, j/k

Some po's just have boners for us,and you were his victim of the day.
    Retired...

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home 'Crockett's Avatar

While helping another member find some info on the basic mechanics of a PWC, I came across these PWC info pages in the "How stuff works" series . . . . . . . could prove to be helpfull to some who are new to the sport.

Here's a the link:

How stuff works-PWC

Last edited by 'Crockett; 08-12-2008 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Blaster
    Thanks, very nice and useful info. I'll be passing this along to my Nieces and Nephews...

YES COPIED AND SENT

Hello!

I'm new not only to here but the PWC world in general. I'm a pretty serious racer of rally cars (mostly Audi but some Subaru's) and am definitely not too afraid of a challenge, though I've had my close calls.

I want desperately to get into the world of PWC's; they look like so much fun, there is a great fan-base, and there is a huge plethora of aftermarket parts.

I'm looking into buying either a new PWC or a near-new one and am not sure if some models are better than others. For example, 2-versus 4-stroke, Honda vs. Kawasaki, etc.. I'm very much into speed, handling, and fast, fast, fast. A one seater would be nice if they make them but now I'm just being selfish. My wife would kill me if she learned I FINALLY bought one of these things and she couldn't ride on it with me!

Thanks for all your help,

Shayne

PWCToday Newbie

Is there a used ski "buyers guide" or "tips" around that anyone can advise?

I'm new to skis, sold my bike and it's time to get wet. I have $3-4K and I want 2 skis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Pantsdown
    Is there a used ski "buyers guide" or "tips" around that anyone can advise?

I'm new to skis, sold my bike and it's time to get wet. I have $3-4K and I want 2 skis.
    Kelley Blue book has a PWC price list. As far as reliabilty Yamaha, Honda and Kawisakis are the best skis. Seadoos make awesome power, but their reliablity can be somewhat poor. Polaris and Tigershark are discontinued skis and parts are getting hard to find for them as some parts are out of production. Avoid any knock off ski from China or any manufacturer not listed above as they are either well out of production, or a rebaged knock off ski.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information