Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

Re: New to PWC's ? . . . . . . Come on in !

Quote Originally Posted by puckoach
    despite the fact this string gets edited.....

Link to break in procedures. If you have a four stroke, don't put the oil in the gas.

http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/boost...your-PWC!.html
    I just purchased a new 2006 Yamaha FX Cruiser. I read the manual 2x before I was able to take my waverunner out on the water. I followed the instructions for break in to the "T" however it was no where near the break in procedure outlined at the link listed. I'm hoping that the break in procedure outlined in the instrction manual was appropriate for my machine. Do you think??

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home puckoach's Avatar

I can't answer your question. If you are not having any problems, it would appear answered.

Following the break in procedures on that link are not easy. Awful lot of self discipline is required.

I have not facts or figures to back up my thoughts. Beyond that I have driven two pwc's to over 100 hours with no issues. A Yami XLT1200 and a Kawi 15F.

There have been posts about various brands with gas in the oil on 4 strokes. One assumes ring bypass. But, tough to pin down. However, when asked about break-in procedures, very few posters anwsered the question.

In many cases, it may just be luck of the draw. However, I will follow the procedures on that link for my next pwc too !

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by puckoach
    I can't answer your question. If you are not having any problems, it would appear answered.

Following the break in procedures on that link are not easy. Awful lot of self discipline is required.

I have not facts or figures to back up my thoughts. Beyond that I have driven two pwc's to over 100 hours with no issues. A Yami XLT1200 and a Kawi 15F.

There have been posts about various brands with gas in the oil on 4 strokes. One assumes ring bypass. But, tough to pin down. However, when asked about break-in procedures, very few posters anwsered the question. In many cases, it may just be luck of the draw. However, I will follow the procedure on that llink for my next pwc.
    Thanks very much for the info and taking the time to share it. I am very willing to sacrifice a couple of hours for long term gains. That was the reason I read my manual and followed the instructions for break in. I know the link you shared was much more involved and could only be better. Next new machine, I will refer to your link.

for me breaking it in right will insure long lasting fun. i read up on the manual before riding myself..
    Last edited by birdzayamadog; 10-09-2007 at 03:33 PM.
    the fall/winter season is around the corner again.
    ...it,s still riding season again........

for me breaking it in right will insure long lasting fun. i put over 330 hrs on my xl 1200 limited until the back cylinder decided to call it quits on me..but breaking it in does indeed require discipline.your heart wants to race it but mind tells you you need to pace it while varying speeds at certain rpms ,its hard but i,m used to it i just finished breaking in my 07 FX HO and i,m ready to ride..
    the fall/winter season is around the corner again.
    ...it,s still riding season again........

Hi all
    I have just aquired a js550 Jet SKI could some one please tell me what oil to use in the crank/engien
    thanks
    Last edited by grumpy101; 12-08-2007 at 04:13 AM.

PWCToday Regular appliancepresident's Avatar

great instructional / interactive video demo

the wife and I are new to the WR world first time she got on the back with me in front we tipped hahah it was fun and it was hot out the WRIII just does not seem stable with 2 on it. but loads of fun still

Cool thanks
    1997 SeaDoo SPX

that Boat-ed.com website cost 24$ for your license, you can go to www.pwcsafetyschool.com and get the exact same license for free. Its free because it is paid for by Kawasaki motors. After i passed the test, i got my license in about 3 weeks , although it probably varies by state.

Does anyone know if you can jump boat waves in NC,SC,GA area..

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information