User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

PWCToday Regular

Seaweeds and an intake grate

HI ALL, Sorry I haven't posted in a while..... Ive been away from the board for the winter,,,, anyway, I was doing a search here just now for the effect of a different aftermarket (RIVA?) intake grate to help reduce seaweed from clogging the intake grate every 5 minutes. I ride in the Barnegat Bay in New Jersey and the seaweed is terrible in the summer! I remember reading that an aftermarket intake grate will help reduce the seaweed clogging. Is this correct? Which intake grate should I get? Do I need to replace the ride plate at the same time as the grate? I am riding a completly stock '06 FXHO Thanks.....

Re: Seaweeds and an intake grate

I have the Riva grate on my FX 140, it does not clog up as easy but more grass enters the pump and usually goes right through. You may risk having stuff wrapped around the shaft and this is tough to clear on the water. Happened to me and I needed a tow. Now I have this self-made tool with me. You do not need to change the ride plate for this.
    Rbi
    Attached Images Attached Images

'04 Yamaha FX 140
    '04 Honda R-12
    AWA Member

Member of http://www.socalwatercraftclub.com/

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home David3aces's Avatar

Re: Seaweeds and an intake grate

On mine when I get some (not a lot) of grass, I ride in reverse a bit and kill the engine. The flow of the water while going backwards helps draw out the grass. It works most of the time for me and only works if I kill the engine.
    2009 FX1800 SHO Crusier
    Go Gators!

Thread Information