Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Considering moving to Florida

if you came here to Orlando, you are looking at houses in the 200-750 range for something that is reasonable. i know that is a pretty large range although that does cover a pretty diverse area.

Quote Originally Posted by CA_Delta
    my wife and i have been planning to move to Texas (Houston or Dallas) from Northern California in the next 2 years, but now are thinking we should also take a look at Florida. Because of the industry and company i work for, it may be more beneficial to move to Florida instead.

Other then visiting Orlando, Miami and Ft. Lauderale a few times, we really don't know anything about Florida, so i'm hoping some of you can give me some info on Texas.

Here are some of the questions I have:

- What are the best/nicest cities in the state?
    - Where do most of you ride? (gulf, lakes, atlantic ocean?)
    - What restrictions on pwcs? any different from other states?
    - What about alligators? should i be concerned?
    - Any former California people? how do you like it compared to California?
    - Anyone know how cost of living compares to California and/or Texas?
    - How many of those canal can pwcs be riden in?
    - How do the different parts of Florida compare?

Any additional thoughts, suggestions, opinions and viewpoints would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!

and you may want to consider this... bring some cheap GAS.
    SHUT UP AND RIDE...

http://www.livevideo.com/bp7000

...BRING THEM HOME...

PWCToday Regular

Here are some of the questions I have:

- What are the best/nicest cities in the state?
    - Where do most of you ride? (Gulf, lakes, Atlantic Ocean?)
    - What restrictions on pwcs? any different from other states?
    - What about alligators? should i be concerned?
    - Any former California people? how do you like it compared to California?
    - Anyone know how cost of living compares to California and/or Texas?
    - How many of those canal can pwcs be riden in?
    - How do the different parts of Florida compare?

Any additional thoughts, suggestions, opinions and viewpoints would be greatly appreciated.

Subjective Answers to your questions:

1) Tampa Bay includes Clearwater Largo St Petersburg and Tampa
    Jensen Beach, Vero Beach Port St Lucie. East Coast of FL

2) Gulf on the West Coast the Atlantic on the East is awesome for Jumping
    3) Don?t know of any restrictions on PWC except of some in the Panhandle
    4) Don?t worry about alligators be more concerned about sharks, but really no big deal once you realize their all around you and they are
    5) In my opinion the people in CA are Higher educated CA is more scenic I lived in Bear Valley and Santa Cruz good waves their though people are eccentric there!!
    6) Fl cost of living as stated earlier has gone way up compared to year 2000 not as high as CA but the blue collar wages are terrible and the white collar will probably be lower than CA. Real Estate is at a standstill....
    7) Once you ride in the Gulf or Atlantic you won?t ride in the canals unless it?s to get out there

Jacksonville is S Georgia red Neck NASCAR Guns and fishing.... good subjects to talk about with the natives

Tampa Bay Cosmopolitan
    South Florida a lot of people from NY
    Miami is another world

Naples Sarasota Rich Exclusive

In all it?s a great state "sunny place for shady people." I saw that earlier and it?s true....

wow, i just learned more about florida than i learned in my entire public education career
    RN surfboat

hmmmmmmmmmm no one mentioned manatee zone restrictions some areas have canal restrictions idle speed within certain distance from shore and many canals are not that wide
    a friend will bail you out of jail, a good friend will be in the same cell as you saying \"we f#(ked up\"

PWCToday Regular

Oh yes those damned Manatees they are worth not chewing up with a prop

i was trying to get Hooters to add a Manatee Sandwich to their menu.....got a lot strange looks on that one........ thougth it would be like grouper maybe....

PWCToday Regular

Quote Originally Posted by waverage
    Oh yes those damned Manatees they are worth not chewing up with a prop

i was trying to get Hooters to add a Manatee Sandwich to their menu.....got a lot strange looks on that one........ thougth it would be like grouper maybe....

Oh that's so wrong! Funny, but wrong!

But your right, nothing like running the canals for 40 minutes at idle speed, "MANATEE ZONE". Boring.. seeing the floating bubbles of lard is something though. Did see a 2 gators one night though. OOOH! (daytona area)

Running with the dolphins is a pleasure you must have. Around the panhandle area, pensacola, destin, panama city, the intercoastal is full of very curious dolphins. They are reporting that some of them have started biting people that try to feed them. For a long time you could feed dolphins but they outlawed it several years ago. Now the dolphins forgot how to act when you present them with food. They'll take a mouth full of whatever is infront of them...OUCH>

My next trip is to take my pontoon, a jetski, and my kayak down to the Keys to camp and cruise for a week or two. Still trying to scout locations to camp. Not sure, this will be a first for me that far south.
    Rivers/Lakes No place is safe!
    96 Polaris 780
    97 Polaris 780
    92 Yamaha Wave Runner VXR
    96 Stratos 20' 175HP
    99 Bass Buggy Pontoon 75HP Merc
    2 canoes & 1 john boat
    Pulled with 06 F-250 Quad, Diesel..
    Down South and Down Stream!

DAMN MANATEES! yeah manatee zones all over! any where in the back water leading to the gulf! Naples, Is outrageous and very expensive.. No waves, until a hurricane comes and hot! very hot!
    GP1300R
    2 SQUARE'S!
    & TONS OF TRAILERS!

PWCToday Regular

Palm Coast and st. augustine are a great place to spend the rest of your born lives..lol. Alot of intercoastal waterways.Alot of public boat ramps to launch from.Homes range from 250,000 for a 2 bedroom to 300,000 for a nice three bedroom home and 4 mil for a VERY nice home..lol.One of the biggest reasons I chose Palm Coast is no CRIME,no CRIME and no CRIME. Nice people and schools.I moved here from the Northern Pa. area. I love it hear in Palm Coast.

I live in Gaiensville, FL and at first I was not impressed. I have to say after being in North Central Florida for the past 7 years it is begining to grow on me. I originally moved her from Palm Beach, FL right off the ocean. This was a dramatic change for me. I can tell you some of the things that I have figured out in the past 7 years about Gainesville. IT IS NOT THAT BAD. There are lakes all around the outskirts of the city. You are 45 to an hour from one of the most beautiful forests in the State (OCALA NATIONAL). You have the Atlantic ocean about 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours and the Gulf Coast about 45 minutes. There are natural springs for swimming and tubing down the river. If you are raising a family the college being in town is good. Kids growing up here know the importance of a college education. The University has its ups and downs (STUDENT TRAFFIC is the worst). I work in Real Estate and would be happy to give you a few names of some really good realtors. You can get a very nice house here for around $200,000 and up. There are even some a little less expensive.

I have also lived in Houston, TX. I have nothing good at all to say about it. YUCK, Yuck, YUCK!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information