» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Top Dog

Re: EPA Signs Landmark Marine Engine ruling

Quote Originally Posted by J.Donaldson
    WAPWC
    You have that right with the Optimax and there is also a family of engines from B(u)RP that have the direct injection 2 stroke design. But I don't see those coming to the PWC market.
    Not those exact engines, of course. My point was that the technology is out there. It could be used on smaller displacement engines to improve their emissions performance, which might give us a way to retain the 2-stroke power-to-weight.

Just thinking out loud.
    1996 XP (787 engine)
    1997 GSX (787 engine)
    Mostly factory stock

i love my two strokes
    1986 Kawasaki 750 X2 (R.I.P)
    1987 Kawaski 650sx (Molested)
    1999 Yamaha GP 760
    2007 Yamaha Fx Cruiser

Serious Graphix
    in New Jersey that supplies services of web/graphic
    design and vinyl graphics

Serious Graphix

PWCToday Guru

DCmomentum: I want to congratulate you for being the first person to ever stimulate a somewhat negative response out of me on any type of online forum.

I am ALL for helping mother earth out. Recycling etc.
    A ski barley has any footprint, not to mention the ratio of automobiles to skiis has to be 100:1 or greater. Give me a break. Attack Catepillar and their diesels that spew black smoke into our cities.

Of course the marine and surrounding industries LOVE fourstrokes. There making a killing off maintenance costs!!!! I could practically REBUILD my e-tec on the water if I had too. Maybe when your farr left wing supporters give me my massive tax cuts, ill be able to afford the maintenace cost of a 4stroke turd outboard. Take a trip to bremuda these people live on the water and there bread and butter come from working the sea. They cant afford maintenance, they need to work. Lets ban these dirty *** tankers coming into our waters and literally pumping their sh!t into our water....no no...All the pre-mix my X2 is giving off is starting to give people in australia sunburns lets ban that 1% of the market. Until then im gonna mix a little extra oil in the gas just for you

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by dcmomentum
    What's a "global warming nut job"? Someone that has finally accepted that global warming is taking place? People aren't actually still debating that our earth is warming, are they?

No, just debating who's causing it

AKA: Resident Smart Azz };-)~ PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Hurricane249's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dave in Indy
    HaHaHa our plan worked!!!! Us couchers are one step closer to eliminating stand up jet skis and pole riders. Once they ban the 2 stroke we'll rule the waterways and soon the World!!! HA HA HA (wringing hands)
    Someone had to throw the conspiracy theory in there. It always comes up eventually.
    LMAO! What a difference a year makes. Where's your four stroke now Dave? You sold your soul for a 701, a 760, and a Brut.
    ACMC

TABOMPR

Quote Originally Posted by PrickofMisery
    Sprinkle it with as much powdered sugar and gold leaf that you want... It is still, and always will be a PoS Turd Ski. No hard feelings.

Top Dog

Quote Originally Posted by PennysHill21
    Attack Catepillar and their diesels that spew black smoke into our cities.
    Actually, with the emissions equipment that has been required on all diesel engines since the end of 2006, and the use of ultra-low sulphur diesel (ULSD) fuel, diesel engines now emit less pollution than most cars driving down the road. True for diesels in cars, trucks, construction equipment, etc.
    1996 XP (787 engine)
    1997 GSX (787 engine)
    Mostly factory stock

PWCToday Guru

Your right WAPWC...Now lets count the percentage of NEW diesels after 2006, versus the MUCH larger amount of old workhorses still pounding our highways....

Im not attacking diesels, ill never sell my rattlebox cummins, even with current diesel prices, i was using that as a much larger scale example versus the puny percentage of 2-stroke PWC's and their carbon impact

Top Dog

Yes, but you said:
    Attack Catepillar and their diesels that spew black smoke into our cities.
    ...and my point is that Cat and other diesel manufacturers have already been "attacked" (your words).

There is ALWAYS a large installed base of engines, no matter which category you are talking about. PWC's, heavy equipment, weedeaters - there's millions of them out there and retrofitting the entire installed base is impossible. The only practical thing to do is change newly manufacturered units. As I pointed out, that's been done to the exact segment you mentioned - so what was your point?
    Last edited by WAPWC; 10-18-2008 at 10:27 AM.
    1996 XP (787 engine)
    1997 GSX (787 engine)
    Mostly factory stock

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information