Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

Re: OCEAN PRO 440 and 550 Kawa heads remade

Ouch that hurt me just reading it.I do agree with Ken though,he is mostly working on Aluminum heads for flathead Fords now NOT JETSKI STUFF,the fact that he would even consider remaking these products for us amazes me,the fact that he would take up his time on the phone talking to you about them instead of making more aluminum Ford heads amazes me even more.I know I personally have never seen a dime change hands over the phone.
    Last edited by WFO Speedracer; 03-06-2008 at 08:58 PM.
    Get your Fat Dudes T-shirts right here PM me for details !

Quote Originally Posted by wedoseadoo
    Ouch that hurt me just reading it.
    Ken, you're hurting your customers and more importantly (to you) your business.

Yes wedoseadoo, it's great he's taking away precious time for Ford flatheads, but that's no way to treat a customer with a suggestion or concern.

Being a General Manager in a customer service business, i pay attention to other people and businesses on how they handle customer problems and or concerns. This ordeal is one for the books. It's just downright disrespectful. A bad business owner in my eye.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

As of yet you are not a customer,you are a potential customer,when you purchase an item then you are a customer.In the powersports business we have a name for people like that we call them time bandits,given that there are x amount of available working hours in any given work day and one man can produce x amount of work dirung said working hours.Then we must extrapulate that the same person can not produce the same amount of work if he spends all day talking on the phone or answering posts on the internet.You my friend are a phonophobe,you should seek help for that ,help is available,realizing you have a problem is the first step on the road to recovery.The man offered to discuss it with you over the phone,you should take him up on his offer,he probably did this because he could actually be doing some work and talking on the phone at the same time,there is no way I know of that you can be actually working and answering posts on the computer at the same time.
    Get your Fat Dudes T-shirts right here PM me for details !

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean Pro
    I'm thinking of remaking the Ocean Pro 440 & 550 kawa performance heads.I saved all the patterns and tooling. If your interested drop me an email. ( see below) Or any other vintage head you may be interested in. We made aprox 15 different cylinder heads for KAWA, POLARIS, YAMAHA, SEADOO, ARTIC CAT in various cc volumes. I have the tooling to make all of them.
    Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by MNRider777
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean Pro
    I'm thinking of remaking the Ocean Pro 440 & 550 kawa performance heads.I saved all the patterns and tooling. If your interested drop me an email. ( see below) Or any other vintage head you may be interested in. We made aprox 15 different cylinder heads for KAWA, POLARIS, YAMAHA, SEADOO, ARTIC CAT in various cc volumes. I have the tooling to make all of them.
    Hmm.
    Mr GM...(MNrider777) That post is for the entire cylinder head Line. Not for general performance questions for everyone in the country. Bottom line I can give someone a wealth more correct infomation in a 2 min conversation than I can chicken pecking a criptic message. I think personally speaking to someone and giving them more specific information is "better for business".
    But what do I know your the 23 yr old "GM" I'm only the owner of a multi-million dollar Manufacturing co. Let's see.... You just started pooping your pants 7 years after we first developed the 440 and 550 cyl and heads . What other words of wisdom do you for us? I'm glad you brought this up. It gives me an oppertunity to address this in a public forum. Maybe it will help some of the other people who live in a dark bedroom with a sticky keyboard. The tooling is for sale....85k "stepup" Mr big time GM will see if you can offer the same "direct" contact..If you ever come out of your room I'm only a phone call away Mr GM.
    Last edited by Ocean Pro; 03-07-2008 at 01:23 PM.
    If you have a question about anything OCEAN PRO makes it's worth a free phone call...Call 1-800-553-6650... Check Ocean Pro Engineering at http://stores.ebay.com/OCEAN-PRO-ENGINEERING-since-1977 ..Email ocean-pro@cox.net Hrs. 9am-5pm MON-FRI PST in CALIF. 29 years of unmatched original performance parts. Take it easy. Ken

Quote Originally Posted by lennard
    Ken I have a OP head with spiral cut inside. Can you explain or shoot a link to me as to what benifits you found with the spiral cut?
    Thanks ..I'm a way better talker than typer give a call I'll explain
    If you have a question about anything OCEAN PRO makes it's worth a free phone call...Call 1-800-553-6650... Check Ocean Pro Engineering at http://stores.ebay.com/OCEAN-PRO-ENGINEERING-since-1977 ..Email ocean-pro@cox.net Hrs. 9am-5pm MON-FRI PST in CALIF. 29 years of unmatched original performance parts. Take it easy. Ken

Quote Originally Posted by wedoseadoo
    As of yet you are not a customer,you are a potential customer,when you purchase an item then you are a customer.In the powersports business we have a name for people like that we call them time bandits,given that there are x amount of available working hours in any given work day and one man can produce x amount of work dirung said working hours.Then we must extrapulate that the same person can not produce the same amount of work if he spends all day talking on the phone or answering posts on the internet.You my friend are a phonophobe,you should seek help for that ,help is available,realizing you have a problem is the first step on the road to recovery.The man offered to discuss it with you over the phone,you should take him up on his offer,he probably did this because he could actually be doing some work and talking on the phone at the same time,there is no way I know of that you can be actually working and answering posts on the computer at the same time.
    WED Thanks for the support... Actually I work on development of both watercraft parts and Bonneville flatheads ...I have never neglected anyone, customer or not. I just talk alot faster than I can peck on a keyboard, simple as that. If someone dosen't have the time to simply pickup the phone for a free 800 call.... well as I said I'm not a great typer and there's a lot of questions comin in from all around the country.
    Thanks again
    Ken
    Last edited by Ocean Pro; 03-07-2008 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MNRider777
    Ken, i think you should just spend a few more minutes of your time answering peoples questions and giving prices on here. All you've really said is "just call". Nobody came on to the internet, to call people. They came on here to read and write. I would think about buying one of those heads, but i don't know anything about them. Just explain a little. Please.
    777 Here's a piece of "Managment" advice Don't lecture someone and then ask them to accomadate you with performance info in your format ...all in the the same post,
    Last edited by Ocean Pro; 03-07-2008 at 02:31 PM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home jpilot98's Avatar

ken is very easy to talk to and i would recommend calling him... i spent about 30 mins talking to him last year and learned a sh*tload from him... i would much rather talk to him on the phone so we arent playing email tag and he is available to answer questions... he definitely did that for me... so MN... if you are going to sit there and slam on him.. move on and dont buy from him... everyone that has been in this sport knows that he knows his sh*t and is more than helpful... so go play internet tag somewhere else
    93 550sx, 93 750sx, 07 zzr 600, 2 kids, 1 job, and one pi$$ed off wife... life is grand... im ready for some beers

SUR# 190

Quote Originally Posted by waterhawk
    ok, baby frog muncher, flip flop and eat the 4ss. .
    Quote Originally Posted by BP7000
    Post deleted for racial slur. Please be respectful in your posting.

Quote Originally Posted by jpilot98
    ken is very easy to talk to and i would recommend calling him... i spent about 30 mins talking to him last year and learned a sh*tload from him... i would much rather talk to him on the phone so we arent playing email tag and he is available to answer questions... he definitely did that for me... so MN... if you are going to sit there and slam on him.. move on and dont buy from him... everyone that has been in this sport knows that he knows his sh*t and is more than helpful... so go play internet tag somewhere else
    Thanks for the back up 98.. You know when some 23 yr old starts with I should spend more of MY time getting more info to my customers (bustin my chops) and then wants me to type it all out for him. All the kid had to do is pick up the the frickin phone. I've been in this for 30 years and some "1 yr riding guru" is tellin me what to do. Oh! sorry I forgot he's a General Manager of something?
    Let's do the math. We were into this 7 years before he was even on this planet.
    Thanks again 98.
    Last edited by Ocean Pro; 03-07-2008 at 07:05 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information