Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PWCToday Regular

how bad is supertech oil?

how bad is supertech oil because i know its really cheap its like $8.99 for 1 gallon of it?

Re: how bad is supertech oil?

i think you already answered your question

It depends what you are putting it in. I use it in a Yamaha outboard, have since day 1. I also used it in a 97 gp 760. No problems. Check your engine requirements.
    get a honda or buy a paddle
    2004 R-12 for sale $5000/no trailer
    2004 R-12X for sale $6000/no trailer
    Triton single place trailer $1000
    All of it with a stand for $11000. Both come with factory covers.

I used this stuff for years in my ski's with no oil-related problems. It burns pretty clean and is cheap.
    SUR #33
    Ski-less again this year...

1968 Sea-Ray SRV185

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

Do not use it in a power valve engine,I did two last year for hyper,his boats had only thirty hours on them and the power valves were completely gummed up,the person he got the boats from was running supertech in it.
    Helping the PWCT community with service related issues since 2006, what have you done for PWCT lately ?

If this was a comedian forum I would be Rodney Dangerfield, I don't get no respect !

I may get to the party a little late but I always bring the good stuff !

Quote Originally Posted by wedoseadoo
    Do not use it in a power valve engine
    I disagree with that as we used it all the time in GP's that were rentals with no problems. Also the 3 times my powervales were cleaned they were very clean, not much sludge at all.
    SUR #33

1968 Sea-Ray SRV185

What other factor would you like me to attribute the totally screwed up power valves with thirty hour to?There was no doubt they had been running Supertech in these boats ,it was two boats not just one ,both sets of power valves were equally gunked up,Supertech oil was found in the storage locker on the trailer and it was about half full.Now I am no rocket scientist but I can add things up pretty well.It is like the old fram commercials,you can pay me now or pay me later.One more tidbit of info,it is not recommended to run non synthetic oil in a power valve engine ,whys that you ask? It gunks up the power valves,if you want to run it go ahead ,I make my living off of customers who do stuff like this and me and my bank would like to thank you.
    Helping the PWCT community with service related issues since 2006, what have you done for PWCT lately ?

If this was a comedian forum I would be Rodney Dangerfield, I don't get no respect !

First of all, where does it sat that a full synthetic oil is recommended in the powervalve engines? I am saying that I have ran it in my personal GP (for 6 years) and used it 100's of hours in the GP's we had as rentals for 100's of trouble free hours. Second, Wal-Mart does not have their own refinery so someone makes the oil for them and they "private label" it.

Since you have so many post's in so little time I am sure you know everything. So I expect a quick witty reply within a matter of minutes.
    SUR #33

1968 Sea-Ray SRV185

I have run super tech in all my sea doo and snowmobiles. THe only machine that i dont run it in is my race one, because it does gum up the power valves very fast and a lot compared to intimidator by amsoil. So i would say if you dont mind cleanin your vlaves no big deal. Id rather clean my vlves every 30 or so hours then spend 20 to 30 bucks a gallon just to free ride.
    Were all here for a good time, not a long time!

Well if you are jealous of my large number of posts why didn't you just say so.If you want to run Wilmar special oil in your ski thats fine,don't recommend that everyone else do so though,after all when they have problems with it you will surely be nowhere around and the repair bills will be coming out of their checking account not yours.Funny thing about advice on the internet ,the good advice and the bad advice are the same price.
    Last edited by WFO Speedracer; 03-27-2007 at 10:17 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information