Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Frequent Poster

New Jersey Riders - Pending Legislation

Jersey Riders Info - off topic (pending legislation) ________________________________
    Guys, this is off topic to this thread...but it affects anyone that has has a PWC registered in NJ (and possibly registered out of state but operated in NJ waters).
    Right now (last meeting was this past week, Feb.8th) the NJ State Legislature in Trenton is considering mandating mandatory liability insurance ($300,000 worth of coverage) for all boats including PWC with motors of 25 horsepower or more. The proposed bill would require having insurance and producing an insurance card upon demand by local or state marine police. The bill number is A1953 and currently resides with the Senate Committee for Transportation. It has already been passed in the House of Assembly. So it's halfway there. I'm sure most everybody already knows about the legislation they've been working on for mandatory helmet law on PWC in NJ. (Bill S2233) That's also well along. Anyway, the AWA is helping to lobby against S2233. If you want to stay up on this stuff and you should, here's the site. http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/ If you write a letter to your local state assemblyman or senator, please make them intelligent.

Frequent Poster

Re: New Jersey Riders - Pending Legislation

OK everyone! Its time to start the phone calls and emails again! Don't wait! Although insurance is never a bad thing it should not be mandatory.
    John Piersanti
    President
    Jersey Shore Powersports Association

What ever happened with this legislation. I didn't hear anything more about it.

Helmets, are you kidding me??? I guess it's in case we hit our heads on the water.

PWCToday Newbie

You can write letters, you can scream, you can shout....but will never supercede the true owners of this country....there is so much more on the way that you don't even imagine.....3-5 years from now....you'll see.....

Don't keep us in suspense. What do you know?

PWCToday Regular

Sorry, I can only tell you I f I meet you at Pier 9 at midnight by the shipyard....hehehe....there is a lot of money to be made from these activities...it all falls into place like daily traffic laws.....its all sh*t man...thats it! I am moving to baja with Sammy Haggar!

PWCToday Newbie

effin bull spit. first a stupid lisence now insurance and a effin helmet? i think helmets would do more mad then good. land of the fee my a$$ this country blows.

PWCToday Newbie

BULL****!!!!!!!!! I Just started in this hobby.. The F&^%&ken state is going to rewen this for all of us.. What did I get myself into??
    JERSEY BLOWS!!!

Most PWCs are covered under homeowners insurance anyway. If you are not a homeowner, then it may be an issue.

Note that in NJ a car minimum mandatory coverage is ONLY $15,000/30,000. Think PWCs are a target?

Frequent Poster titusvillesonlysxr800's Avatar

thats why i moved out of the police state of jersey to the great state of florida.the only good thing about jersey is long beach island. you could keep your vote for your liberal boy govenor corzine!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information