• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim McQ
    PWCToday Newbie
    • Oct 2013

Water not coming out of exhaust pipe

Hi I have a 2000 Yamaha gp 760 and it seems like the water is coming out of all the ports except the exhaust pipe the water box is getting kinda hot and only a few drops of water is coming out when it is idling when I rev the engine it is coming out fine its not the water box as I have 2 skis that are the same and I switched the water box to see if that was the problem and its not. HELP PLEASE
  • WFO Speedracer
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    • Aug 2006

Re: Water not coming out of exhaust pipe

If you will just post it in one more forum the someone will probably see it and answer you, great galloping geebus !
    Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

WWSRD , What would Speed Racer do ?

Comment

• skiworx
      Kawasaki Master Tech
      PWCToday Newbie
      • Jan 2002

Originally posted by Tim McQ View Post
      Hi I have a 2000 Yamaha gp 760 and it seems like the water is coming out of all the ports except the exhaust pipe the water box is getting kinda hot and only a few drops of water is coming out when it is idling when I rev the engine it is coming out fine its not the water box as I have 2 skis that are the same and I switched the water box to see if that was the problem and its not. HELP PLEASE
      This is common on Yamaha's either the pipe is compacted with sand or the inner pipe has corroded away and the rubber seal is now blocking the water flow.. Either way you will need to remover the stinger section to figure which is your problem..
      Thanks, Steve
      Skiworx Watercraft Performance
      410-766-7900
      Ultra150.com Administrator/Owner

Please Visit Skiworx.com
      email [email protected]
      Visit Ultra150.com

Comment

• Tim McQ
        PWCToday Newbie
        • Oct 2013

Hi where is the stringer section located ?? Is this the rubber section between the two exhaust sections ??

Comment

• WFO Speedracer
          PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
          • Aug 2006

Back of the exhaust pipe, there is an aluminum piece held in with three screws, remove it and the gasket and see what comes out of it.
          Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
          hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

WWSRD , What would Speed Racer do ?

Comment

Working...
          X