Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

• 09-11-2021, 11:45 AM
    argameon
    I have no compression after changing piston
    hello I have a waverunner III year 93 the last time I measured the compression I scored 70 on the front and 125 on the rear so I bought a standard piston in sbt and replaced the front piston, put everything back together with new gaskets and I have no compression on the front 30 and on the back 0 what could have happened?
  • 09-12-2021, 12:54 PM
    550headache
    Re: I have no compression after changing piston
    Did you hone the cylinder? If you had a problem and you just replaced a piston/rings there might be scoring allowing the loss of compression

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • 09-13-2021, 07:47 AM
    DealsGapCobra
    The change on the rear is what’s interesting to me. I would focus on what you did that could have caused that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 09-13-2021, 09:02 AM
    SxiPro
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 550headache View Post
    Did you hone the cylinder? If you had a problem and you just replaced a piston/rings there might be scoring allowing the loss of compression

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not THAT amount of loss.
  • 09-13-2021, 11:30 AM
    argameon
    [QUOTE=550headache;4584245]Did you hone the cylinder? If you had a problem and you just replaced a piston/rings there might be scoring allowing the loss of compression

no I didn't, but at least some compression would have, anyway I'm going to disassemble and recheck everything
  • 09-13-2021, 12:21 PM
    generaldisarray
    Did you forget to install the rings?
  • 09-15-2021, 06:43 PM
    bored&stroked
    Put the head gasket back on? Remember to install the reeds?
    You can't just slap parts on without at least honing, but the lack of any compression is the first issue to deal with.
  • 09-16-2021, 10:25 AM
    Chesterswims7
    0 compression means either usually stuck/scorched rings holding in place or you forgot to put the rings on.