Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

• 11-05-2013, 06:23 PM
    Tim McQ
    Water not coming out of exhaust pipe
    Hi I have a 2000 Yamaha gp 760 and it seems like the water is coming out of all the ports except the exhaust pipe the water box is getting kinda hot and only a few drops of water is coming out when it is idling when I rev the engine it is coming out fine its not the water box as I have 2 skis that are the same and I switched the water box to see if that was the problem and its not. HELP PLEASE
  • 11-05-2013, 07:55 PM
    WFO Speedracer
    Re: Water not coming out of exhaust pipe
    If you will just post it in one more forum the someone will probably see it and answer you, great galloping geebus !
  • 11-06-2013, 10:51 AM
    skiworx
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim McQ View Post
    Hi I have a 2000 Yamaha gp 760 and it seems like the water is coming out of all the ports except the exhaust pipe the water box is getting kinda hot and only a few drops of water is coming out when it is idling when I rev the engine it is coming out fine its not the water box as I have 2 skis that are the same and I switched the water box to see if that was the problem and its not. HELP PLEASE

This is common on Yamaha's either the pipe is compacted with sand or the inner pipe has corroded away and the rubber seal is now blocking the water flow.. Either way you will need to remover the stinger section to figure which is your problem..
  • 11-06-2013, 02:43 PM
    Tim McQ
    Hi where is the stringer section located ?? Is this the rubber section between the two exhaust sections ??
  • 11-06-2013, 02:52 PM
    WFO Speedracer
    Back of the exhaust pipe, there is an aluminum piece held in with three screws, remove it and the gasket and see what comes out of it.