• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dremmick
    Frequent Poster
    • May 2008

SLX 1200 carb issue

I'm having issues with my SLX 1200. If the jet ski sits for more than 10 minutes it will start with minimal cranking but the rpm's will drop and kill the engine. Also if you give it gas it will bog and kill the engine instantly. You have to feather the throttle right of idle in order to start moving. The weird thing is once the jet ski is warmed it runs great and restarts easily.

The Low screws set at 1 1/8 turns out, carbs are sync'd, needle arm height set to 1.5mm, pop of pressure was tested, relief valve tested, and fuel pump impulse tested to 5 psi.

Someone has mentioned that there is a orifice casted in to the return outlet. Does the return fitting actually unscrew? Were is the actual orifice? When I removed the line there was a lot of fuel pressure built up is this normal?

• TxPro1200
    Resident Guru
    • Feb 2004

Re: SLX 1200 carb issue

Originally posted by dremmick View Post
    I'm having issues with my SLX 1200. If the jet ski sits for more than 10 minutes it will start with minimal cranking but the rpm's will drop and kill the engine. Also if you give it gas it will bog and kill the engine instantly. You have to feather the throttle right of idle in order to start moving. The weird thing is once the jet ski is warmed it runs great and restarts easily.

The Low screws set at 1 1/8 turns out, carbs are sync'd, needle arm height set to 1.5mm, pop of pressure was tested, relief valve tested, and fuel pump impulse tested to 5 psi.

Someone has mentioned that there is a orifice casted in to the return outlet. Does the return fitting actually unscrew? Were is the actual orifice? When I removed the line there was a lot of fuel pressure built up is this normal?

the return orifice is behind the brass fitting you're pointing at,the tank is pressurized at around 2 psi so fuel squirting out could occur.the feathering thing is accl pump related.either one of the brass squirters has a check ball not seating (pto usually) or the plastic check ball in the pump housing isn't sealing,i replace those with steel ones
    2000 pro 1200 69.1 gps
    2000 virage tx 67.8 gps
    2000 virage tx 62.3 gps

Comment

Working...
    X