» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

• 03-12-2019, 10:48 AM
    fox river pwc
    Re: 2018 Superjet low end bog?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Christier View Post
    Driving half hour is not convenient when you have 3 jet skis and go through AT LEAST 20 gallons a week. I think I am just going to feel it out, hopefully it was just so cold that it was acting wired. I find it hard to believe 40 hour old carbs would already need a rebuild.
    Thanks for the help, I will keep you guys updated in the summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not at all about how many hours are on the ski. Not even a little bit. Need to get that out of your head, or you won't be able to accurately troubleshoot fuel issues.

It's about the manner in which ethanol infected **** gas fuks up rubber parts and engines in general. If you filled that brand new SJ with a tankful of ethanol infected gas in May (and no additives), then rode it for 30 minutes, then left it parked all summer, and never started it, and then fired it up again in October for a final rip with the remaining ethanol infected gas, then you should fully expect to be dealing with green gooey ethanol damage within your carbs and fuel system - on an engine with 1 hour of run time. The scenario I have described here is the recipe for needing to rebuild carbs and clean sh1t out of your fuel system annually.

Had a neighbor buy a brand new snowblower a few winters ago. Went against my suggestion and filled it with ethanol infected gas. He didn't wanna drive 10 miles to the next county for real gas. Had a light winter and it was only used twice. Then it sat in the garage all summer. Went to start it the following fall to make sure it was ready for winter. No start. I troubleshot it = wasn't getting gas. Pulled the carb and it was full of green goo. Total nasty mess.

Been running a mix of non-ethanol pump gas and avgas in my lawnmowers and snowblowers since the mid 90s. Zero additives. Not a single fuel issue ever. None have even needed a carb rebuild or spark plug replacement. Most of my skis are built to 195-210psi, so they are all run on avgas (btw, avgas is stable for at least 2 years), and my other skis are run on non-ethanol real gas. Zero fuel issues with 6-10 personal skis for nearly 30 years. Sometimes they may need a carb rebuild after 10+ years.

Point being, crappy fuel issues are often exaggerated by lack of run time.
  • 03-12-2019, 10:53 AM
    Christier
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fox river pwc View Post
    It's not at all about how many hours are on the ski. Not even a little bit. Need to get that out of your head, or you won't be able to accurately troubleshoot fuel issues.

It's about the manner in which ethanol infected **** gas fuks up rubber parts and engines in general. If you filled that brand new SJ with a tankful of ethanol infected gas in May (and no additives), then rode it for 30 minutes, then left it parked all summer, and never started it, and then fired it up again in October for a final rip with the remaining ethanol infected gas, then you should fully expect to be dealing with green gooey ethanol damage within your carbs and fuel system - on an engine with 1 hour of run time. The scenario I have described here is the recipe for needing to rebuild carbs and clean sh1t out of your fuel system annually.

Had a neighbor buy a brand new snowblower a few winters ago. Went against my suggestion and filled it with ethanol infected gas. He didn't wanna drive 10 miles to the next county for real gas. Had a light winter and it was only used twice. Then it sat in the garage all summer. Went to start it the following fall to make sure it was ready for winter. No start. I troubleshot it = wasn't getting gas. Pulled the carb and it was full of green goo. Total nasty mess.

Been running a mix of non-ethanol pump gas and avgas in my lawnmowers and snowblowers since the mid 90s. Zero additives. Not a single fuel issue ever. None have even needed a carb rebuild or spark plug replacement. Most of my skis are built to 195-210psi, so they are all run on avgas (btw, avgas is stable for at least 2 years), and my other skis are run on non-ethanol real gas. Zero fuel issues with 6-10 personal skis for nearly 30 years. Sometimes they may need a carb rebuild after 10+ years.

Point being, crappy fuel issues are often exaggerated by lack of run time.

Makes sense i will look into it when i take it out of storage. I do ride the ski daily In the summer not sitting for more than a couple days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 04-18-2019, 12:02 PM
    pondracer95
    when I read OP, spark plugs, boots, and coil wires jumped out at me