» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Reed Valves

Printable View

• 05-28-2017, 09:34 PM
    Dan87951
    Re: Reed Valves
    Pretty sure this is the pulse line the fuel pump? The hose has been cut.
  • 04-21-2019, 08:40 AM
    Wes78
    Did you ever find out where it goes?

Iím having the exact same question.

Thanks!
  • 04-24-2019, 06:32 PM
    Associated98
    Impulse hose goes from a nipple in between the mag and center reed valve assemblies on the upper crankcase half to the fuel pump.
  • 04-24-2019, 08:24 PM
    Wes78
    1 Attachment(s)
    Thanks, that helped out a lot.

There’s two more questions I can’t find answer to.
    I hope you or someone else is able to help me next to the starter on the bell house there’s a nipple, I can’t figure out what connects to it. Attachment 548449

Do you know what connects to it?

Also on the right side of the hull, inside runs a small line, to something that looks like a pisser, little black thing on the outside. I don’t know what it connects to either, any thoughts?

I really appreciate your time and help on this.
  • 04-26-2019, 08:23 PM
    Associated98
    There is a bladder or "bellows" as it's properly called attached there. They are ALWAYS ripped or missing. They are also impossible to find. I cap mine off with a vacuum cap but this is not the correct way to do it. The bellows expands as the air inside the flywheel housing heats up from engine heat and also expands. If you just cap it off like me, eventually it will push a hole in mag cover gasket and let water in. This is something you do not want. Say goodbye to your Bendix, starter, and flywheel once you put it away for the season. Come spring it will all be rusted and the Bendix seized. I do it cause I'm cheap, but I also haven't had a problem.

If the outlet your talking about looks like a tiny rubber hood scoop then it's ether the breather for the fuel tank or oil tank. I don't recall the 97/98 Daytona/tsr hulls having those, only seen them on my 99' tsr I had a while back. But I could be wrong.